Quick question!

Lizzet

So my 9 month old husky got a bad case of ticks about 2 months ago and I had to start some medication that was given to me from the vet and it worked so well! It's been 2 months and I haven't found not even one. However, I started noticing this weird black mark inside both his ears and I don't know what it is.. I've tried getting a closer look and it doesn't seem like ticks or anything but I don't know what it is.. any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

It could be from flies. If I don't spray my huskies down on days that they are outside a lot the flies will eat up on their ears causing black spots the fur is gone from it. I put triple antibiotic on it and they go away or Dr. Harvey's healer for cats and dogs gone in a day or two :-):-)

Sent from my Pixel using Husky Owners mobile app

Oh ok. Yeah, with horses, definitely more flies will be around. You probably have a farm.
I brush mine & then love to spritz them w/the "Chi" smell good stuff on my babies! (They don't like it much; it interferes with their smell scent so they cannot INSPECT everything like they'd like too LOL!)🤗

~ANGIE

That conditioner spray is God's gift to us not that huskies smell bad but because they get so so soft. I have all of mine using that as part of the grooming time they just lay there. Maliki my oldest after I get done groomer her rolls over for me to do her stomach and give her a belly rub LOL [emoji23] They love the 40 Acres when it's winter they pull me on a sled it's so much fun :-) I don't know how many huskies you have but if you had two it would work perfect :-):-)

I've got ARMANI & ALINAH. They are sooo crazy & wild but very well trained. We've only had ALINAH 2mths & getting her used to everything. This winter, we may dabble in sled training in the snow just for fun. ARMANI learned some very light pull training but was still too young. Our backyard is pretty big but 40 acres would be better.🤗

~ANGIE

40 Acres kind of has some pros and cons longer distance good but I also have a higher chance of them seeing a bird and going crazy LOL :-):-) Good thing huskies learn fast!! They blend into things fast to!! Now I understand the names on your post on top lol :-):-)

All of mine do the same thing Duke caught a squirrel once Oh My Gosh I really didn't know what to do. He ate it.. I told him no and he has left them alone ever since. Winter caught a rabbit that was a bloody mess literally LOL [emoji23] Birds being their main target I had to move the bird feeders to the front of the barn and the house so they wouldn't get anymore :-):-)

On 9/14/2017 at 8:44 PM, Markie said:

It could be from flies. If I don't spray my huskies down on days that they are outside a lot the flies will eat up on their ears causing black spots the fur is gone from it. I put triple antibiotic on it and they go away or Dr. Harvey's healer for cats and dogs gone in a day or two :-):-)

What do you spray them with!? Sorry I'm new to the dog world!

Bronco fly spray and only on their top coat don't get it on their skin and it's okay :-):-) I would make sure to put the antibiotic ointment on the ears first then spray it on. The Bronco spray is for horses but it works wonderful on the huskies on top coat :-):-)

Archived