Eating off floor when walking

Arjun 2016

Arjun on the whole is doing well and listening to commands but he has suddenly discovered he has a nose so is sniffing like mad on a walk. The only concern is that he seems to lick (which is fine) and try and eat (which is not fine) everything off the floor! He had eaten part of a sandwich, chewing gum, crisps and sweets. Im worried he is going to eat something which will be really bad for him. Any tips to stop this?

Also, we were waking him at 3am to go outside to urinate but since he has hit 4 months he has been sporadic and getting up randomly...even twice a night. Im thinking its because he has hit a growth spurt and is teething but anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Husky Owners mobile app

We had same thing with Lilly when she was 3 months, you can get leads that will pull his head up a little, and it's all new to him,luckily Lilly grew out of that at around 6 months, as for the getting up in the night I felt like I was a mother again, but that was quick it took 7 weeks to potty train her, she is now 2, and has only had 1 poorly tummy since, these dogs are so intelligent they soon learn quite quickly, so good luck hope this helps a little. Jue.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

We had same thing with Lilly when she was 3 months, you can get leads that will pull his head up a little, and it's all new to him,luckily Lilly grew out of that at around 6 months, as for the getting up in the night I felt like I was a mother again, but that was quick it took 7 weeks to potty train her, she is now 2, and has only had 1 poorly tummy since, these dogs are so intelligent they soon learn quite quickly, so good luck hope this helps a little. Jue.

That does help...oh joy, another 2 months at least of him licking everything lol.

I think hes close to being potty trained... no incidents indoors for about a month but he gets up at night randomly now.

Should we maybe play with him an hour before bedtime?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Husky Owners mobile app

Kodas 7 months and Astro is 3 and they both still try and eat things off the floor! Lost count how many times I've had to stick my hand into Astro's mouth to pull out whatever he's taken. If I spot things ahead I try and guide them around it, and Astro has learnt what leave it means, but walking in the dark makes it difficult!
A head collar might be good, but one like what Indi Dog makes is best the lead goes from the back of the head rather than the chin as they can cause problems with their back and neck.
With the getting up at night, I'm not sure what to suggest really other than making sure he goes to the toilet before you go to bed, I let mind out twice to be sure. I'm sure he will grow out of it soon!

Archived