Rescue Advice

Rachael_Astro

with the food issues you could try that old way of breaking it
Today's training is Postative vased training praise the dog always end with a happy result. but that does not work well with some issues
I would use Negative training with him to break the food aggression if done right it can break it in 3 to 7 days and to some it will sound cruel but isnt really.

get dogs food ready walk towards dog telling  them to sit stay, and at the first sign of the dog getting agressive  take the food away, put bowl away and ignore the dog, wait a few hours go to put bowl down again keeping hold of it, any growling teeth showing  ay aggressive behaviour at all take food away. keep doing that even if it means dog does not eat for 2 or 3 days. if you do it every few hours over the first day you can normaly get them to sit and stay and they will work out f they act up food goes away. next couple days they will end up staying still shutting up and after 3 days most dogs sit stay and just look at you.
yu tyen let the dog eat the small meal and move t phase two
whlst they are eating a small meal get them to back up sit and stay and pick the bowl up wait a few mins and put it back down, again any signs of them being possesive you hide the food and ignore the dog, do not say bad dog or anything just be quiet. wait a couple hours repeat
over a period of a week you can break a dog of being agressive and get them to back up sit and stay and wait
sounds bad  not letting them eat but to be honest unless dogs a rescue off the street missing food for a couple days will do no harm at all and just focuses the on the person feeding tem

Thanks Paul, I'm not getting the one with food aggression now but I'll keep this in mind if I have any issues with the boy I'm getting :)

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived