Advise please, phanthom pregnancy?

Hi everyone,

I am needing some advise please as I'm starting to worry, we've noticed in the last week that Mishka's appetite has greatly increased, she is eating a lot.

Her mammary gland have started to enlarge and ''drop'', and she is now lactating, it is coming out quite easily, a little pinch and it comes out..

Her behaviour has also changed, she is even more ''cuddly'' than usual (basically sticks to us like glue) at times and at other times she ignores us and looks a bit depressed.

She had her season around May.

I will be taking her to the vet this week, but wanted your opinions first

Here are some pictures of her mammary glands and the milk?

d149e06421b0cfeb5c95e5b2b6be4723.jpg

980a175568e47d0e3461bf21e76f7ca1.jpg

Bindi has had 2 phantom ones but was not lactating as much if at all...after she was spayed all of that stopped...

let us know what the vets says...

That is what is worrying me, and I thought they tend to happen soon after a heat cycle, she had her season in May, but when we first came to France, Dante (Dad's doggy) started her season (Around 20th July), I'm starting to worry it might have enduced a silent heat in Mishka as she has been known to come into season early. There is a male dog next door with whom Mishka plays a lot :/

Her abdomen hasn't really enlarged, but it does feel a bit tight... We will be doing a scan on Friday.

Yes spaying was planned but my priority was to get her to France, I payed for all of that, so financialy spaying was a bit tight at the time. :(

well that is good news... always nice to stun the vet a wee bit keeps them on track...

Yes for sure! Lol

She really had us starting to worry, her belly had started to round up too, the vet spent quite long checking her

But she was an absolute star for the ultrasound, even layed on her back, not fussing when they shaved her, put the gel and done the procedure :)

9b0d1405455981b33b9f9758945d9366.jpg

Thanks for the update. Hopefully she'll come round from this fairly soon. Xxx

Thank you Emma, she is coming on quite well, the belly's back to normal and she isn't producing milk anymore, mammary glands still a bit enlarged but they're getting better, she is still nesting a bit, but not as much. :) xxx