Biking

So far with Shadow we've never gone biking or scootering, but now we have two its something I'd like to look into. Obviously Vixens too youn to do to long walks or too much but thought it would be ideal to get her used to the idea by taking them biking.

So can someone tell me the what I need, how to do it idiots guide....

Thanks

xxx

sorry dont have much of an idea, but i think the bike attachment is called a springer,, i could be totaly wrong lol. but as far as any other equipment you would need i couldnt say,, but im sure someone on here will be able to point you in the right direction.

For me how I started out was I got on my bike Got my dog in a harness and went, ( crazy I know) Also stupid.....lol I could have hurt myself or my dog That being said! I went back to the old drawing board ,After Talking to more experienced people This is what I have learned And what has worked for me, It might not work for you but in the end you really want your dog to know some commands BEFORE you Just hook up to a cart or bike and go!! Keep in mind You want your dog to understand what you want them to do, This Is just going to be a quick run dow of what I've done You can get more info from other people or off the internet As well

THINGS YOU NEED

-X back Harness

-Spring attatchement for your bike, Look for theses on line more than likely the place you get your harness from sell theses, too mabey Mabey not

-A helmet for yourself( cause more than likely at some point you may fall of your bike!

-Lots of dog treats

AT first what I did was when I took Sakora for a walk( in a collar) I put a label to what we were doing IE Turning right(gee) or turning left (haw) , Also at inter sections I would Say WHOA( to Stop) After about a week or 2 she picked up on what was happenning

Then we practiced our Stay command this is a very useful command whe you are getting on your bike or cart, Also a vey inportant command to teach is ON BY I started out in the back yard lineing up toys and when ever she went to go sniff on I would say ON BY and kept walking I wanted her to learn everythime I said on by that ment keep going Whether it's other dogs trees whatever!! Skora still has troulble with this command Especialy if we run into a cat!! then I moved on to the harness

- For the first few days I walked her in her X back harness, I did not let her sniff the ground or wonder around in front of me Because I wanted her to learn That That Harness ment WE were working, Keep in mind you should try to move at a faster pace either joging or a quick walk, Also That's when I started with the HIKE command when we set of I would just say HIKE HIKE HIKE So she got the Idea Thant means lets go!

Ater a week of that I conected the harness to a small tire While I had controll with a collar, You might want to use a long lead for this as I found that once I put the tire there she wanted to run! Once she was used to dragging that behind her I took the plunge and hoped on the bike, I didnt get going to fast on the bike at first, Cause I was still practicing some of the commands by this point, You will be able to read your dog acordingly And go from there,

So thats just my quick run down You can do lots of reserch on the net But like I said make sure you r dog at least knows some commands first It just makes it Run more smoothly when You first give it a go Also I will add Add list of commands

HIKE- go foward, faster.

WHOA- Stop

STAY- Dont move

ON BY-Keep moveing forward Past something

EASY- To slow down

GEE- turn right

HAW-turn left

Wll I hope I kinda helped you out,

I trained mine by teaching the commands on walks, they seemed to take to the harnesses quickly, within a day or 2. I started mine off by using the springer device @ the side of the bike, you should only use padded walking harnesses or a padded tracking harness to run next to the bike, only use the x- back if dog is pulling the bike out front. sakora has covered most of it. I ran ours with one of our another dogs once they got to 10 months & as they got older i increased the distances.