Custom Leather Leashes & Leads

ocspirit

Hey everyone! I know I'm still fairly new here so I hope this is ok...

For a few years now I have been making custom leather leashes to sell. I do have standard "types" but more often than not people tend to prefer to have their leash specifically made to suit them rather than buy something that is mass-produced. All the leather work is done by hand and the sewing is done on a hand-powered industrial sewing machine that is used for making horse equipment (harnesses and and bridals and such). My style of leashes utilize the braiding of leather which means you are not relying on someone's sewing skills to hold your dog, but rather the quality of the leather itself. I could put no stitches on the leash and it would hold just as well. The stitching is merely for aesthetics. If you are at all interested please contact me for prices.

Here are some samples of what I have made...

Coupler and leash set

DSC02865.jpg

Service dog leash and 2 traffic leads

DSC02936.jpg

Normal 6ft lead

DSC02939.jpg

6ft puppy lead

DSC02940.jpg

OC modeling the service-dog lead (you put that large loop across your body so its a hands-free leash, you can also clip on to a floating ring to quickly tie your dog off to a post)

DSC02950.jpg

Slip lead

DSC03315.jpg

Traffic Lead

DSC03316.jpg

All-braid 3 ft lead

DSC04555.jpg

A close-up of the braiding (this leash has a double-braid by request)

DSC02869.jpg

The colours to choose from

DSC03303.jpg

The clips to choose from

DSC03304.jpg

DSC03306.jpg

DSC03307.jpg

DSC03309.jpg

Fpr sure I can give you guys prices but you need to tell me exactly what you want in regards to length and width and which snap. The snaps are all different prices, ex. the normal snap at the bottom is $3 but the German snap second from the bottom is $10 and the quick-release snap third from the bottom is $5 and the locking alligator snap fourth from the bottom is $7

Valkyries, the snap you don't recognize is called a "German quick release snap". It is engineered to close TIGHTER the more your dog pulls. Neat little bugger the only down fall to it though is that it can't be used with collars that have a heavy duty o-ring or d-ring because it can't fit on to them.

If you're looking at a regular 3/4" wide, 6' long leash with a normal $3 snap on it the price is $25 + shipping and handling regardless of colour.

Jaime, they can easily withstand tough pullers although I would then recommend 1" wide. Some of my leashes have gone to police and personal protection trainers who have 100+ Lbs German Shepherds slamming at the end of them wanting to get the "bad guy".

Thought I should also mention, my leads come with a 5 year "wear and tear" warranty meaning that if the lead snaps at all I will replace it free of charge providing proper care of the lead has been taken (ie not letting it get crusted with mud then bake in the sun, and making sure to wash and oil the leather when needed)