Quck BARF question

quick question

kamere is at 9 weeks as of now after reading threw the thread i decided to start incorporating BRAF into his meal

now can i start with chicken wings and neck and then gradually move him into other meat?

now my miniature pincher is already 1 yr old i can start him with the same chicken wings and neck?

Thanx

I would be careful not to let the incorporation of BARF, overtake the main feeding routine, assuming Kamere is on a good quality puppy food. Puppies need vital nutrients to develop properly. Good quality puppy foods provide these. While BARF feeding may as well, it takes a bit of know-how to get the right mix. Also at 9 weeks, his teeth may not be strong enough to deal with bones like adult teeth would.

Just so you know, I'm not an advocate of BARF feeding. That's just my preference. I've got no issues with others who wish to feed BARF to their dogs.

Yeah like Mazz says its deffinatly good to feed them a good quality puppy food just to make sure their deffinatly getting everything they need, BUT having said that they're nothing to say you can feed a couple of meals of puppy food and a couple of BARF as hes so young he should probely be on 4 smaller meals a day anyway as his digestive system wouldnt be able to cope with larger meals.

My girl is 6 months and we've just started her on BARF, shes on 3 meals a day so I started giving her breakfast and lunch of her puppy food and her dinner as BARF (we have pets at home in the UK that sell blocks of frozen minced chicken, turkey, beef etc) so I feed Nukka 1/3rd of a block per meal with a choped up carrot and a handful of cooked brown rice. And they give her a chicken wing every other day, although she does have her adult teeth now so she can cope with the bones better but we did give her mouton ribs when she still had her puppy teeth and she didnt eat them but she had a good chew! :)

And yep your other dog can start off the same if you do 2 meals with him/her then do one of each just to ease him/her into the change over.

Hope that helps!

thanx guys

but i can still feed him little pieces of boneless chicken meanwhile?

If you want.