Kona's Limping

Kona has been limping on her back right leg for more than 2 weeks, but the strange thing is she only limps when she has been laying down a while and then gets up. When I take her for walks or she runs around in the yard I don't notice her limping at all. I haven't taken her to the vet yet because I thought she was getting better, but she may have overdone it the other day. Kona never cries and I can touch any part of her leg and foot and it doesn't seem to bother her. I am not really sure what to do or what the vet can do...anyone have any experience with this/ or ideas?

If she sleeps in odd positions or stays in the same resting position for too long...could it be that her leg "goes to sleep?" That would explain why it only happens when shes been laying down...and why it doesnt happen during play, walks and runs in the yard. It could also maybe be muscle cramps in that leg from her resting in the same position for too long couldnt it? Maybe nothing serious but if it starts to happen more frequently and/or in more than just that one leg...it may be a good idea to take her to the vet.

If she sleeps in odd positions or stays in the same resting position for too long...could it be that her leg "goes to sleep?" That would explain why it only happens when shes been laying down...and why it doesnt happen during play, walks and runs in the yard. It could also maybe be muscle cramps in that leg from her resting in the same position for too long couldnt it? Maybe nothing serious but if it starts to happen more frequently and/or in more than just that one leg...it may be a good idea to take her to the vet.

Good post. Sheba is 10 years old and I've noticed the same thing for a few years now. When she gets up after lying for a bit, she's a little "stiff" at first. When walking and running, she is fine. jade, how old is Kona?