Rexy's partner in crime and his li'l bunnies(warning lots of pics)

So I love animals:D Always have for as long as I can remember. I figured I should post some pics of my other pets.

When I was young we got 2 little kittens, Princess and Sox they both have a pretty colorful past. They both used to be outdoor cats. And elderly lady down the road wanted a spayed cat to keep her company and to kill her mice. Sox and Princess were always catching mice. Princess was considered my cat, and Sox was my brothers cat who didn't even care about her. So my mom decided to give Sox to this lady. On the drive to bring sox to her new home, I was the one to hold her, I was so sad we were giving her away and I past her to her new owner with tears in my eyes. I woke up the next morning and opened the door, and who was sitting on the step bu Sox, she had found her way back home. So mom called and told the lady that we were gonna keep sox. Shortly after that Princess disappeared, I thought she was dead, she was gone for over a year until we found out our old neighbor who moved away took princess with her even though she knew princess was ours. So we got princess back who was in bad shape but soon she recovered and Sox and Princess became indoor cats. Although I will always think of Princess as my cat her and sox are like 10 or 11 years old, and as I will be moving out soon I decided it would be in there best interest for them to stay out home with mom, I debated taking them with me but they have grown really close to mom.

Here's Sox

post-1920-13586075234678_thumb.jpg

Here's Princess

post-1920-13586075248355_thumb.jpg

Here's my 9 month old spayed female Broken tort holland lop Honey, she had the sweetest personality and she loves chasing Rex and the cats.

post-1920-135860752634_thumb.jpg

Here's my 6 months old neutered male Holland lop Hunter. He is very shy but every day he becomes more and more loveable and tame. He is so beautiful. He sticks to honey like glue and she shelters him, I think she thinks he is her baby.

post-1920-13586075265637_thumb.jpg

Here's some pics of honey and hunter:

post-1920-1358607526782_thumb.jpg

post-1920-13586075269999_thumb.jpg

And finally my precious little Dakota. My baby, my friend, my hard work and Rex's partner in crime. Dakota was a dirty, skinny stray cat. I started putting food out for him, and slowly(really slowly) he became more used to me. Dakota had multiple open wounds, all over his paws his ears and his body. It took 6 months for dakota to trust me enough to come into our house. I used to sit out every night while he ate and I would sing to him despite rain, and cold every night I would do this in hopes he would become more used to me. When Dakota trusted me enough to pet him, I flea treated him, dewormed him, put a collar with his name and my number on it and put polysporin on all his wounds. Then I brought him to the vet got him neutered and asked about the multiple wounds they gave him a shot of antibiotic(never even told me I saw it on the bill later), and that was it. Of course the wounds never healed. When Dakota first came inside he stayed in the bathroom at night, he had never been an indoor cat and sprayed on everything.One morning I got up and there was blood everywhere, and all over his neck, and there on his neck was a hole. I started crying and hollered to my mom I thought he was bleeding to death, so we cleaned him up and covered the wound. Upon research I found it was an abscess, luckily because of my nursing course I had a syringe and some sterile water so I would flush out his wound and we would cover it, it would heal but open back after. Dakota developed 4 more of these abscesses I took him to another vet and turns out these abscesses were because he had infection running through his body and there was so much it was coming out of his skin. Today Dakota is a loving healed up cat. He still has scars from his past, chips missing from his ears, and paws and at our last vet visit we discovered his tongues is deformed to from a run in with another cat. I love my Dakota and I know he loves his new life, he has adjusted well, but sometimes I think he gets scared, I don't know if he thinks I will leave him or what but sometimes he will cry this mournful cry, and wont settle until I go and pet him or pick him up.

Here's one of the first pics of Dakota I ever got:

post-1920-13586075271042_thumb.jpg

Here's Dakota's first bed

post-1920-13586075206813_thumb.jpg

Here's Dakota laying on my shoes

post-1920-13586075208865_thumb.jpg

Here are some pics of dakota and rex, When Dakota first came inside he was terrified of Rex, but after he realized rex wouldn't hurt him he became so attached to him. Dakota follows Rex around and sometimes even acts like rex, I think Rex is a comfort to Dakota.

post-1920-13586075210988_thumb.jpg

post-1920-13586075212925_thumb.jpg

Here's another pic of dakota and my shoes, such a weird little kitty

post-1920-13586075214868_thumb.jpg

Dakota loved laying in the weirdest spots, boxes were on of the things he absolutely loved

post-1920-13586075217288_thumb.jpg

Here's Dakota laying on a couch me and mom made for him...notice the little husky teddy he is hugging onto, so cute

post-1920-13586075219438_thumb.jpg

Here's a giant box for Dakota, he loved it on the roof it says, "In my eyes you will see only love and trust, where fear once used to be." I thought this was very appropriate for Dakota.

post-1920-13586075221566_thumb.jpg

post-1920-13586075226016_thumb.jpg

Dakota was very appreciative of everything I made for him, his couch, his box, and this little thing we made its supposed to be like a little cat tree, Dakota and the other cats loved this.

post-1920-13586075229169_thumb.jpg

Here's Dakota and Rex on my bed

post-1920-13586075232061_thumb.jpg

And finally a cute little pic of kota and honey

post-1920-13586075233989_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alee C.