mushy poop?

sooo dukes been having anal gland problems and i thought it may be due to his food so i went and got em some taste of the wild dog food. he was on pedigree but i read its not good for him. he's half way thru his bag of totw but his poop is still really soft. he's been on totw for about 2 weeks maybe 3. im getting kinda worried about em. also hes not a normal husky...what i mean by this is dude is lazy lol like seriously he only goes out and plays for like a half hour-an hour and half the time hes layin around. maybe its cause its been in the 80s when i let em out? anywho could there be something wrong thats making em not digest his food properly?(im assuming thats what soft poop is from?) is there something i can do to firm it up for em or make it easier to digest if thats the problem? im thinking if i can get his poop to harden up it may fix his anal gland problems as well.

ive had em for 6 months give or take... the vet said he looks healthy so... idk? ;\

hes about 2 years old (got em from the pound so not 100% sure)

Firstly, his he up to date with his worming? If not i would try that first!!

it could be allergy related. There are lots and lots of allergies too i'm afraid, white rice, dairy etc etc If it was me i would feed him on a very bland diet of chicken and rice (you can get prescription wet food from you vet for this that has added nutrients for them) for a few days and see how he goes and if he he firms up a little start adding his normal food back in little at a time.

I would also be asking the vet to be taking a sample of his stool and sending it off for analysis. Our pup had too much ecoli bacteria in his stools comapred to normal and this identified it and we were able to sort it out.

Good luck x

ah will do ty... ive had em checked for heart worms but thats the only worms i can think of that hes been checked for... ill have em do a stool sample thanks for the advice =) if that comes back normal ill check into the food cause ive changed the poor guys food on em like 3 times so far so i want to try and avoid that again if possible.... he was on Purina then pedigree now totw

when i say is he wormed up todate - has he been give worming tablet (such as Drontal) in the time you have had him? I tend to do mine every 6 months.

With the food it's not a case of changing him again, you can feed him the chicken and rice just for a few days (most dogs will love this!!) and then just start reintroducing the normal food you already feed him. If he is fine on the chicken and rice but then has problems when you reintroduce the food then this will highlight the food as a problem. Does he have any other problems after eating? Does he nibble his feet or scratch anywhere? As this too could indicate any allergies...

It's a good idea to get a stool smaple tested and it's relatively inexpensive, especially for the piece of mind it will give you!!

Let us know how you get on xx

also hes not a normal husky...what i mean by this is dude is lazy

This would concern me as well, as this isn't typical for such a young husky. My boy couldn't be called "lazy" until this year - and he'll be 15 next month. Does your vet have experience with the breed? Or have a collegue he/she can talk with regarding them?

My boy does eat TOTW

um i dont think my vet really has any experience with em. honestly i dont really trust them anymore... last time i was there they told me he had fleas so i would buy some flea med and they also sell science diet as if its good dog food ;\

i know he doesnt have fleas because ive checked em and if he did my house would be infested with em. i got 5 cats and 5 dogs and none of em have fleas(i/my sister have checked). i did buy the flea med for em tho cause we were plannin to go campin up in a forested area the following month but still it pissed me off a bit that they sat there and lied to me.

they do a good job from everything ive seen when our pets have had legitimate problems but i just get a bad vibe with em i kinda think they try and get as much money outta people as they can ;\

as for him being lazy i think it may have been due to the heat because ive noticed he has been spending alot more time outside this past week (been in the 60s when i let em out) and hes playing with the other dogs alot more.

which flavor TOTW is he on? Kaiya does well on the prarie blend, but we tried the fowl blend and it was a disaster. i attributed that to duks, etc having a much "greasier, oily" meat than bison and venison. although i don't have a scientific data to back this up, lol.

we have been mixing in some of the fish blend now and she seems to be okay as well. i also use the fish blend as training treats, no problems.

um i dont think my vet really has any experience with em. honestly i dont really trust them anymore...

.....they sat there and lied to me.

......i just get a bad vibe with em i kinda think they try and get as much money outta people as they can ;\

You've said it all in these three statements. The first thing I'd do today is to begin looking for another vet.

Is there anyone here who might be able to recommend someone in Gankez's local????

Bo's vet calls my him (and the rest of the menagerie) all by name. They are greeted before I am. I trust my vet immensely. My vet knows how far I'll go for my pets. He understands that I want them to have the absolute best life and that I love them to no end. In turn, I know my vet. I know that he won't provide unnessary treatments or treatments which will not allow them to live a quality life.

I hope that you can find a vet that you can put your entire trust into....

You've said it all in these three statements. The first thing I'd do today is to begin looking for another vet.

Is there anyone here who might be able to recommend someone in Gankez's local????

Bo's vet calls my him (and the rest of the menagerie) all by name. They are greeted before I am. I trust my vet immensely. My vet knows how far I'll go for my pets. He understands that I want them to have the absolute best life and that I love them to no end. In turn, I know my vet. I know that he won't provide unnessary treatments or treatments which will not allow them to live a quality life.

I hope that you can find a vet that you can put your entire trust into....

*nods* point taken.. ill look for another vet in the area.. i wish i was still living up in northern california cause i had a great vet up there. ah well

Is there any chance that your old vet would give the name of another in your current location? It's worth a phone call......I don't know how far you've moved, but it is worth asking.

moved 900 miles so i doubt it hehe

which flavor TOTW is he on? Kaiya does well on the prarie blend, but we tried the fowl blend and it was a disaster. i attributed that to duks, etc having a much "greasier, oily" meat than bison and venison. although i don't have a scientific data to back this up, lol.

got em on the fowl blend i think... its got the duck in it i know that much

update

i've been keeping an eye on his stool more and it seems like its firming up more... so idk he's been on the totw for about 3 weeks now so im thinking maybe hes just getting use to it? also he's been way more active now that its cooled down so im thinking it may have just been the heat keeping em down