Husky characteristics

skysky69

Hi I wondered if anyone could tell me a bit more about their dogs. The typical characteristics that they talk about is this high energy and enthusiasm which a lot of books portray as a downside. Well I have a lab and they say tha they need excessive amounts of exercise when they are younger. How much exercise do you give your sibe every day?

I was planning on going over to see this boy that is in the rescue centre this weekend but I have to go to work today and they have said that they don't open on a Sunday, definitely wouldn't make an exception so won't be able to go. My OH is away with work Monday to Thursday so they said to call next Friday to see if he is still available to visit next weekend. They have 2 boys in at the moment, one of which they describe as very energetic, will need lots of exercise and he is 20 months, the one that I am planning to go and see is described as calm and gentle but is only 2 so only 4 months older than the other, I am wondering whether this calmness is just the fact he hasn't got as much energy having been starved and when he gets his strength back, will he turn into the loopy 20 month old in the kennel next door? My previous husky was 4 so he had calmed and wasn't this boisterous exuberant dog. What age do huskies calm down or is it all about how they are brought up and trained? I transferred a 14 month old rescue girlie a few years ago now and she was completely loopy, pretty much a loose cannon who was still puppy mouthing but would this just be the lack of training.

Sorry, so many questions! ha ha Just making sure I do ALL my research. Thanks all for your help!

Hey ya,

another member was donig some college work on Huskies and we all gave info on some of the things we do with ours, Take a look hope it might help-

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4367

another way of finding out loads of info is to type into google "Siberian Husky" and it will come up with loads of info and rough guide lines on have a Sibe. Also have a flick through past threads & posts ( Forum jump)

Hope you find all the info you need to get ther right Husky for your family!! Keep us posted x x x