mid vs high end cables

hi all,

in the past we have always used monster cables as they are good but do cost the earth (£99 hdmi) so is there much difference between a £10 cable that looks like monster and monster itself?

looking at the optical and hdmi both 1.4

I bought a expensive hdmi cable € 75 and a cheap one € 2.79 and guess what the cheap one had much better quality then the expensive one..so the expensive one went back to the shop...2 weeks later a test came out and the cheap one had top ratings..

I bought a expensive hdmi cable € 75 and a cheap one € 2.79 and guess what the cheap one had much better quality then the expensive one..so the expensive one went back to the shop...2 weeks later a test came out and the cheap one had top ratings..

can't even get a good coffee here for 2.79 never mind a hdmi cable LOL

it doesn't shock me at all though i must disagree from my personal side had a game,monster and pioneer hdmi and monster was a far better version but maybe thats cos they are branded

gonna pick up a 9.99 hdmi and see what happens

Picture quality wise it shouldn't really make any difference. One of the benefits of being digital over analog is that the signal is a 1 or a 0 going along the cable, so as long as that gets there it can't deteriorate. The more expensive ones are probably of a better quality build wise, so less likely to get damaged bending and probably better shielded from other kinds of interference. So generally speaking if a cheaper one works, I'd be happy lol

• 2 weeks later...

if its analog, more shielding the better, especially over long runs. if its digital, its all packets of 1's and 0's .. no need for shielding.

so in your case, of hdmi (carries both audio and video), no need in high end cables, just dont get cheap cheap ones that if you play with them too much the ends come off or gets kinked and has the possibility of breaking a cable in there.