Syncing bookmarks with multiple computers

TreyRust

Can be a real pain, no? I dual boot debian and windows 7. I recently found a service called xmarks and it's great for keeping my bookmakrs in linux the same as on windows 7.

Uses: People who dual boot, use virtual machines, want their computers at work to have the same bookmarks (for whatever reason) or those who have multiple computers. Also, if you have a HDD failure, or you otherwise can't use your computer, you still have you're bookmarks.

I would use google bookmarks, but for some ungodly reason chrome doesn't support them nativly and they don't have a plugin for chrome that I could figure out in my always shoty 2 second checks?

Not much more to say, I love the service but it's really only does one thing, and one thing only. I do appriciate it for being what it is and nothing more as well.

Anyhow, just thought I'd share for anyone interested :)

Trey.

I thought Xmarks was discontinued? At least it was in the news about that a while ago :confused:

I've been using the built-in synchronize feature in Firefox. Using it to synchronize it across three different computers and a dual-boot. It works great! Has encryption so no one can access your data and you can even story it on your own server if you're tech-savy enough.

Apart from that it also synchronizes the browser history, saved passwords and open tabs.

Hmm, I didn't know that, but I did some digging and they got aquired by LastPass.

I would probably use firefox sync, but I haven't used firefox since after I started using linux. They ironically have horrible linux support... I would love to have browser history syncing, but I don't mind, it's not as important as bookmarks for me.

But yeah, they are alive and kicking, here is there blog: http://blog.xmarks.com/