What Are Landowners Thinking?

Sounds like a land grab to me. 2200 acres? That's one hell of a memorial. Many of the WBTS battlefield parks are not anywhere near size let alone scale even though thousands died on those battlefields. Yes 9/11 was a great tragedy but I do not feel that it is right for the government (or another group) to steal someone's land for ANY reason. They are trying same kind of thing near here. The Navy is trying to steal 30000+ acres for an Outlying Landing Field (OLF) because the people in Va. Beach and Chesapeake, VA don't like airplane noise from the practice take offs and landings. Of course the planes and taxes will stay in VA, only the noise will come down here. They don't seem to be able to grasp the idea that if you don't like airplane noise, don't build or by a house next to a Master Jet Base that has been there 70 years! Then they say that WE are unpatriotic when we don't want the OLF and it's noise down her, the "not in my backyard" thing. Of course it's different when it is their back yard.