royalty

Mistyrayn

Like idiot father, like idiot son: it emerges that Prince Charles calls his polo pal Kolin Dhillon Sooty.

Charles-blog-200-pa-jan14 Graham Smith, of anti-monarchy organisation Republic, said this shows that the Royal Family are not a symbol of unity, theyre quite divisive. People are saying they are not racist but on the evidence in the public domain I think thats to the contrary.

Hes right: the evidence in the public domain is that they are racist. Both father and son think its okay to refer to their friends and co-workers by racist nicknames. Thats racist, that is.

People will say: At my job, everyone calls [the Indian/Nigerian/Japanese guy] hilarious racial nickname and he thinks its a great laugh.

Yeah, maybe. Or maybe referring somebody to a nickname based on the colour of their skin Sooty, to pick an example not at random is a way of belittling a person who is different, of cutting them down to size. If that person wants to fit in with the majority, he has to suck it up. What a laugh.

To those who would say: Theres no difference between calling someone 'Sooty' and calling them Taffy or Jock or Aussie, I would say give over. You know there is.

Graham Smith, though, is wrong on one count. While the concept of a Royal Family is indeed divisive, this in fact makes the Windsors an excellent symbol for our country. Why, we cant even agree that its wrong to racially abuse each other!