Canine Related Courses

Jager

Afternoon lovelies!

Odd question, not sure if you'll have any idea but im looking for courses on canine behaviour & nutrition.

I live in North Yorkshire & havn't yet managed to find any courses of the canine variety.

If anyone has any info it would be amazingly appreciated x x :D

Jager.. I have also looked into this.. there are corses out there that will teach you this stuff but the problem is there is no accrediting body that controls what is taught etc.. so you might pay say £500-600 pounds for a corse only to find that its being taught by a large brand pet food who will teach you "what they believe" is good nutrietion for dogs.. like they do to vets. Or someone who says their a teacher and then start teaching you the Ceasar Milan style of dog behaviour which is actually very outdated theory!

Untill there is a governing body to regulate these areas of study you may as well just buy a lot of books do alot of reading on the subjects and then print your own certificate on your PC its about all anyone else can do for you and they'll charge you a bomb for the privilage! :blink:

Now if you were to widen your interest a little there are proper acredited degrees you can do at uni such as "animal Science" which involves alot of all round knowledge of all animal nutrietion, behaviour, habitate, ecology etc but unfortunatly there is nothing specifically canine despite the OBVIOUS need for it! :(

ahh thats what i was going for.

I did find one which was under 'thinkdog'. I see what you mean though if everyone is just giving 'their opinion' on the correct behaviour methods.

Might email a few people in the know & see what they did.

Thank you for your help though guys :)