Which harness

Hi can anyone help me i gt a harness for steve to run with bike but as he is at side it pulls round and he cant run properly! blink.gif I will try to describe it lol, it goes over his head a padded strap goes acoss his chest and the other padded one over his shoulders then a strap goes under his chest behind his legs and clips to the shoulder one, ther are 3 rings to clip to one comes stright out of middle at top on a v shaped strap the other two are on each shouder to use with a couple, i treid him this morning but as he runs it slides round so his left leg is not moving right! Tried tightening up but 2 mins later did the same! looks like it would be fine if he was in front of bike. He is pulling now and dont want him uncomfortable as he is young and learning want him to enjoy his runs!! Any help and some pics would be superb, p.s sorry about the essayunsure.gif

Hi can anyone help me i gt a harness for steve to run with bike but as he is at side it pulls round and he cant run properly! blink.gif I will try to describe it lol, it goes over his head a padded strap goes acoss his chest and the other padded one over his shoulders then a strap goes under his chest behind his legs and clips to the shoulder one, ther are 3 rings to clip to one comes stright out of middle at top on a v shaped strap the other two are on each shouder to use with a couple, i treid him this morning but as he runs it slides round so his left leg is not moving right! Tried tightening up but 2 mins later did the same! looks like it would be fine if he was in front of bike. He is pulling now and dont want him uncomfortable as he is young and learning want him to enjoy his runs!! Any help and some pics would be superb, p.s sorry about the essayunsure.gif

Sounds to me like you've got a shoulder harness lsomething like this http://www.snowpawstore.com/sled-dog-equipment/dog-harness/dog-shoulder-harness/shoulder-harness.html

These type of harness are best used for canicross where ,like you said , the dog is out infront of you.

Personally we use an EZYdog harness like this http://www.ezydoguk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=24&zenid=atiaogsjf5pqhtvaprfh9etft1 when we run Logan with our bikes.

It still rides around to the side a bit but nothing that affects how Logan runs, plus it also makes a really good walking harness.

Hope this helps

Adam

Adam thank you, the top one looks good but mine does not have strap between his front legs which would prob be better! looks like ezydog is good choice i guess! Damn may have to go back to shop lolsmile.gif

LOL i'm terrible for buying stuff for Logan , he currently has

a choker chain for obedience classes

a police style training lead

an Ezydog collar with his id tags

an Ezydog bungy leash

an Ezydog harness

an Ezydog summit backpack for long walks ,

a retractable lead,

a 30ft traing lead,

and now i'm starting scootering an x-back harness, bungee and tug line.

I think if i buy anymore stuff for Logan Lyn's gonna throw me out !!! lolrolleyes.gif

I know lol just ordered one from karly on here so fingers crossed lol how old is yours and when did you star running him??smile.gif

Logan is 11mnths and 1 week . We started running him with the Walkydog just after he turned 6 months old , but only for short runs. He gets a 20 min walk with me in the mornings and does about a mile run on the bike with Lyn in the nights. Once he turns 1 yr we will start increaseing his distance and also start running him with the scooter more .

Adjam