Siberian Husky behavior problems relating to amount of food

ZacksWright

I have a 12 month Siberian husky named Izzy and I used to feed her till she was full which was about 3-4 cups, twice a day. Everywhere I read online and was close to what food bags said. Then I was told to only feed her 1 1/2 cups twice a day so I started to and she now has a really fast heart beat at random times and is always wanting food. Izzy also has had an increase of not listening and has been chewing more things up. With feeding her 1 1/2 cups per twice a day, she also has a lot more energy and where she just runs and goes crazy. When I was feeding her more, she was relaxed and had a normal husky attitude. Should I start to feed her her old amount of 3-4 cups twice a day to help avoid these issues?

AF0324EE-524B-4E1C-8255-A546CB877D27.jpeg

8C33B6B1-2D6E-4B6D-B887-44C8A26F4DED.jpeg

4B3877DB-19E9-4751-B957-949F530FB2A4.jpeg

Why were you told to reduce the food?

All food is different so we can’t advise how many cups. It tends to be the better quality the food the less you have to feed. You need to measure the food by weight according to the guidelines on the packet

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

16 hours ago, Rachael_Astro said:

Why were you told to reduce the food?

All food is different so we can’t advise how many cups. It tends to be the better quality the food the less you have to feed. You need to measure the food by weight according to the guidelines on the packet

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

I was told to because they said she only needs about 2 cups a day. I use Whole Hearted dog food and it says to be giving her about 5 1/2 cups a day of it. Should I start to give her that amount to help with some of these issues?

I was told to because they said she only needs about 2 cups a day. I use Whole Hearted dog food and it says to be giving her about 5 1/2 cups a day of it. Should I start to give her that amount to help with some of these issues?

Whoever ‘they’ is, might only feed their dog 2 cups but all food guidelines are different! I don’t see why you wouldn’t follow the instructions on the pack. The issues you are describing aren’t necessarily down to the amount of food she is eating

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

18 hours ago, Rachael_Astro said:

Whoever ‘they’ is, might only feed their dog 2 cups but all food guidelines are different! I don’t see why you wouldn’t follow the instructions on the pack. The issues you are describing aren’t necessarily down to the amount of food she is eating

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Ok thank you.

What would be causing these issues if you know by chance?

Archived