Emergency vet surgery

amyf27

Aww, poor Sunny, sounds like you have your hands full, there’s nothing worse than when your kids or dogs are sick.
We tried mixing tablets in with his food and treats and he’d eat everything but the flea tablet even tho it was in small pieces.
Pity you can’t get his medication in liquid form.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners
I'll discuss with the doctor - was just talking to husband about that. I will attempt a pill around 11 am/12 pm today with a pill pouch and see how that goes. He likes the pil pouch and also saw me give the other two dogs part of the same treat so he knows it's a "cookie". Maybe I can trick him lol.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[emoji1] they’re so smart, I tricked ‘blue’ once and he realised what I was doing, maybe try giving a treat to the others first and then give Sunny his, he prob won’t want to miss out if he sees the other enjoying their treat, hope it works!

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

I'll discuss with the doctor - was just talking to husband about that. I will attempt a pill around 11 am/12 pm today with a pill pouch and see how that goes. He likes the pil pouch and also saw me give the other two dogs part of the same treat so he knows it's a "cookie". Maybe I can trick him lol.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Hes taking pills like a champ now. Sometimes I use the pill pockets which work great. Other times some peanut butter which is ideal for pill hiding. Tonight at midnight will make one week post op.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, chelseafan said:

Glad he’s doing better, good to know about using peanut butter, I haven’t tried that with Luka blue, will be now emoji1.png

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

make sure there is no xylitol in the peanut butter...will do a lot more harm then good...

make sure there is no xylitol in the peanut butter...will do a lot more harm then good...

Palm oil is also poisonous to dogs, I use Meridian peanut butter which is just peanuts and nothing else! I’m lucky to know someone that works at the factory so I get free tubs [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Sonny's been doing great better day by day he's taking his pills as he should and eating well. We actually have to slow him down sometimes as he is getting a lot of energy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Aww, that's great to hear SONNY is recovering a little better now.[emoji4] It sounds like he is doing very well being one week post-op...that is a good sign as that's usually the hardest week to get through.
Maybe some yogurt or Kefir would help sooth his tummy with the meds he is on.
I hope you were able to get the wire crate too. It's much safer for him to recover in a small, safe space so the other dogs cannot play rough with him and to keep him much less active to heal.
You're doing great AMY!! I'm praying SONNY continues a smooth recovery.
[emoji295]️[emoji240][emoji252][emoji169]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

That's great news about SONNY!! He should be healing nicely. Sorry this happened to him, and though it seems like a long time, he'll be back to 100% before you know it.
I wanted to tell you since you're in the Cleveland area (I think), my husband & I went to MAUMEE BAY this past week. We got the very last room available at the Lodge. Our room view was right on Lake Erie to just walk out and see the waves!! It's gorgeous there.
I'm praying for your SONNY to get well soon.
[emoji4][emoji240][emoji252][emoji295]️

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

Archived