Armagare

Hello I have two dogs. One whos fully trained on a bike and the other is still learning and some times does a better job than the oldest, in listening, haha~!

My question is, how can I properly set up their harnesses so it doesnt hurt them.

Im used to one dog so I got an x-back harness. It works fine but some times he doesnt want to walk ahead of me and the vest will get tangled and twisted and i have to reset it. No big deal hes kinda lazy in our runs.

The youngest wants to not stop run. But she is still growing so I have a normal harness that you get in a store http://www.petsmart.com/dog/supplies-and-training/collars-harnesses-and-leashes/harnesses/kong-paracord-reflective-adjustable-harness-28700.html?cgid=100082 something like this, same brand. But with a handle on the top so I can grab em if i need to. This also twists and goes to the side, moves alot. I dont like it but its the best I can do till shes done growing.

Anyway. How i set them up is i have one clip that goes to each dog on the back of their harnesses. And they pull that way I drew a poor picture on MS paint to help explain. 

I look online for ideas on how to do it better but i only can find 4+ teams not two dogs. When i have them cliped this way like i drew in the picture. Their harnesses shift to the side twards each other. But in this video they dont do that at all 

Am i setting them up wrong? should the line connecting the two be wider? Should i have the two connected by collar too? 

I just dont want my dogs hurt in the long run. They dont run directly in front of me. Could that be the issue? They run slightly to the right because i wanted them away from possible traffic.

If a video would help i will be more than happy to record a run some how.

-Thank you for reading! Hope to get some help soon as springs coming and my dogs a antsy!

dog set up.png

your drawing is right but I would x backs on both on your rope bike to connecting rope i would put a shock absorber...Or buy a ready made 2 dog gangline...also if one has more experience then the other I would use a neck line between the 2 of them...

On 3/19/2017 at 2:28 PM, robke said:

your drawing is right but I would x backs on both on your rope bike to connecting rope i would put a shock absorber...Or buy a ready made 2 dog gangline...also if one has more experience then the other I would use a neck line between the 2 of them...

i use a bungie rope along with a normal rope. to be precise i use this http://www.tugntowbikeleash.com/

right now my youngest is still growing so i cant buy a x-back with out her growing out of it. Even with one dog it still wants to move around. Its snug but not tight.

Sorry i hope i read your response right as its sort of confusing. 

Archived