Sibernewf Ranch Granola

Damrod

by Cheryl Suckling

3/4 cup Pompeian extra light tasting olive oil

1/2 cup honey

1 cup firmly packed golden brown sugar

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

1/2 teaspoon salt

8 cups old fashioned rolled oats (I use Quaker)

1/2 cup sunflower seeds (I use Planter's dry roasted)

1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut

1 cup sliced almonds

1 cup chopped dried apricots

1 cup dried cranberries

Add in anything else you want like dried blueberries (my most recent batch) or dried cherries.

Preheat oven to 325F. In a large saucepan, over medium heat, combine the oil, honey, brown sugar, vanilla and salt. Stir over heat until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. In a very large bowl, combine oats, sunflower seeds, coconut and almonds. Pour the warm oil and honey mixture over the oat mixture and mix for several minutes until the oats are thoroughly coated.

Spread the mixture onto a foil lined large baking sheet that has sides. I use a 12 X 17 inch cookie sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring once during the baking, until the granola is a toasted brown. Cool before adding all the dried fruit you want. Break up and load into gallon zip lock bags when completely cool. This is supposed to last for three weeks, but it's usually eaten long before then.