Yes! Dog Bling! Made by you!

Damrod

Found on another site:

Theres nothing else that makes her feel more proud to strut the streets with you, and theres nothing else that makes you more proud to strut right along side her. I have been in the jewelry business for 20+ years, and currently write articles about buying jewelry. One day I got the idea to write about blinging out my dog. Hmmm!! Rubies and Diamonds, yes!!!

Let Me Show You How, Its Easy.

We will take an inexpensive nylon collar and 3mm crystals and make a dog collar fit for a princess. If you have a prince you can bling him out using black colored crystals or any color of your choice.

You will need crystals, glue, a nylon collar, tweezers and a ruler. Size your new collar to your dog first. Lay out the collar and space the lines of crystals about 1/8″ so the collar can flex. If they are too close together the glue will not flex and the crystals will fall off. Keep about a 1/2″ distance on each side of the adjustment buckle so you can make adjustments later. Measure and calculate the amount of crystals you will need to buy. I used about 288 for my dog, a Weimaraner.

After everything is laid out start by picking up the crystals and applying a small amount of glue to the bottom and place it on the collar. Make sure you are doing the correct side. It will be a little tricky at first but you will get the hang of it.

The best crystals to use are Swarovski; I purchased mine from Bling It Yourself. I also used gel style crazy glue which out performed all the others. The down side is you will have to wipe the crystals with acetone or fingernail polish remover when they are dry to remove the white haze (not a big deal). If you are using the plastic style crystals use the glue they recommend. Let the collar dry overnight before putting it on your dog.

Custom Bling for your dog. Makes her feel and look like a star. Makes her feel like a true champion. Makes YOU proud!

Im not the most crafty person, Ive never even sewed on a button, so chances are I wont be making custom collars anytime soon. It is a cute idea for those that are creative and like to try new things. If anyone makes one give me a bark.