Giving to animal rescue centres without making payments

RuRu

I don't know if there is a UK variant - have not found one yet

We have been doing this for a long time now as I think this is a great way to donate.

All you have to do is visit the website The Animal Rescue Site and click on 'CLICK HERE TO GIVE'. The advertisers do the actual donating of the food and monies.

taken from their Common Questions page:-

What is The Animal Rescue Site?

The Animal Rescue Site is an online activism site that offers simple ways to help provide food and care to rescued animals living in shelters and sanctuaries.

Clicking is Free

In just a few seconds each day, visitors can click on the purple "Click Here to Give - it's FREE" button on the home page and, at no cost to them, help feed and care for rescued animals. Bowls of food are paid for by The Animal Rescue Site's sponsors and distributed by The Fund for Animals, shelters supported by Petfinder Foundation, Rescue Bank, North Shore Animal League America, and other worthy animal charities supported by GreaterGood.org.

100% of sponsor advertising fees goes to our charitable partners.

Since its launch in July of 2002, the site has established itself as a clear leader in online activism and a dynamic force in the effort to give all animals the happy, healthy lives they deserve. In The Animal Rescue Site's first year of operation, over 10 million bowls of food were funded for animals in need.

Shopping Gives Even More

Shopping at The Animal Rescue Site store helps even more. Each and every purchase provides more funding to provide food and care to rescued animals.

Together, your free daily click and your purchasing power through The Animal Rescue Site store create a powerful, positive force for rescued animals.

How does the site work?

When you click on the purple "Click Here to Give - it's FREE" button, your click is counted by our servers and you move to the Thank You page, where you will see small ads for our site sponsors. There is no charge to you; bowls of food are fully paid for by these sponsors.

Every click on the purple button results in funding raised for the charitable partners who care for rescued animals. The more people who click, the more bowls of food we can fund.

Who pays for the bowls of food and care?

Site sponsors purchase small ads on the Thank You page for a certain amount of time. The Animal Rescue Site then tabulates the number of people who click during that time frame and bill the sponsor for the appropriate amount. The Animal Rescue Site divides the monies between The Fund for Animals, Petfinder Foundation, Rescue Bank, North Shore Animal League America, and GreaterGood.org.

How do you calculate the amount of food given by visitors' clicks?

We count the number of clicks each day. The amount paid for those clicks is based on the type and structure of advertising agreement the site sponsors have with The Animal Rescue Site.

The two keys to the success of The Animal Rescue Site are site sponsors and visitors like you. The more sponsors the site has, the more funding toward food and care for rescued animals is given with each click. The more visitors who click each day, the more advertising fees we can collect and the more food and care we can fund together!

How often can I click on the "Click Here to Give - it's FREE" button? Can I just keep clicking and give thousands of bowls of food at once?

You can click once a day, every day of the year on The Animal Rescue Site and on each of our other Click to Giveâ„¢ sites. Our agreement with our sponsors allows us to count one click, per person, per calendar day. A monitoring system is set up to check this. While you could click on the button ten or a hundred or a thousand times, we will only count one click from you. In the meantime, our system could be slowed down, possibly overloaded, preventing other visitors' clicks from generating funding. Please note that we count clicks received through company firewalls, proxy servers, etc., to the best of our ability. We count every click as fairly and accurately as possible.

Oh and they do Shelter Challenges where people vote daily on the shelter they choose and the shelter can win money! The shelter I volunteer for has won the state prize a few times now. I vote on it everyday. I always thougt of finding a good husky rescue and getting everyone to vote for them. If they win their state, they can get $1,000 I think. I always vote for Seminole County Animal Services in case anyone was intersted. ;)