do you have a good vet who you would reccomend

right we have had rent a vet, and the kellog vet, im beginning to loose hope of finding a decent vet, so if you think your vet is ok and would reccomend them , post them on here, so other owners can see if there are any decent vets in their area, id even be willing to travel for a good vet, im looking for good opening hours, an emergency vet for out of hours calls(with last vet was expected to travel to stoke out of hours ), clean premises, friendly staff, who dont mind listeneing to over anxious owners waffle on lol, reasonable rates, and accepts the barf diet(they may not have to like it but accept it would be a start), and doesnt want to over vaccinate , so rate your vet .........................

Dief

Obviously I don't live in the UK but I have just booked an appointment with a holistic vet which is very exciting. She finds a balance between holistic and traditional medicine, encourages raw feeding, offers titre testing etc.

I'm not sure where you are in the UK, but it might be worth contacting this vet:

http://www.holisticvet.co.uk/

Or alternatively try the British Homeopathic Association on 0870 444 3950 to find a holistic vet in your area.

thanx have considered holistic vets , but i would be more interested in a vet that has a balance between that and conventional , will deffo give it a try

Holistic vets should always create a balance between medical and holistic medicine, they have the same qualifications as "normal" vets and *should* always chose the course of treatment that is ideal for the dog and the situation.

All the word holistic implies is that you are taking into account all areas and how they affect each other as a whole. The difference between a good holistic vet and a 'normal' vet is that they wide range of services they offer, my vet for example offers:

* Small animal diagnostic and treatment consultations

* Conventional medicine

* Natural medicine and treatments

* Traditional Chinese Medicine

* Chiropractic manipulation

* Lymphatic drainage

* Acupuncture

* Soft tissue manipulation

* X-ray and ultra sound

* Full surgery facilities

* Dietician

* Homeopathy

It's about creating a balance :)

I have a very good vet that I have used for the past 15 years or so.

They are Penstone Veterinary Group here in slough, the Langley branch looked after Ishka way back and know all the do's and dont's with Sibes. A common error with vets that don't know the breed is when they come to give anaesthetic, Sibes have heavy coats and a slow metabolic rate which has to be taken into account.

Steve

Our vet is the best we have ever had but Twickenham is a bit far from Stafford, I'm afraid.

They are brilliant - don't treat owners like ignorant morons and treat us like friends, not clients. They give us huge discounts for any SHWA dogs coming through the surgery and we can't fault them in any way. They are even putting a link to our websites on their new website (Not finished yet but will be at: http://www.richmondvets.co.uk/)

P.G Andre Veterinary Surgery Ltd

161 Kew Rd

Richmond

Surrey

TW9 2PN

020 8940 0986

Mick