few movie reviews-karate kid-last Airbender-the rebound

KSNS

So ok the karate kid (Jackie Chan) Jaden Smith (will smiths son) The story is very much what you know of the original 1984 hit (now i feel old) The story has not changed but it is not karate based it is kung-fu. But as the story is based on a remake with a few little twists an copyright laws enforced the odd change here and there

Plot 12-year-old Dre Parker could've been the most popular kid in Detroit, but his mother's latest career move has landed him in China. Dre immediately falls for his classmate Mei Ying -and the feeling is mutual. But class mates see it as wrong and do no accept him causing differences being sorted out in competition.

If you have seen the original you have seen this but with jackie chan and jaden smith making it a comical and family orientated film. I really enjoyed it and i was a fan of the original which i feel helped but if you were not a fan of the original but are a fan of jackie chan you may be left a little disappointed as the story is the same as the original but some training differences make it very amusing. Watch it at least once highly enjoyed my self.

bswvD1aep-s

====================================================================== The Last Airbender

This film was good but with faults.

This film it's a little short but its part of a trilogy.

Plot The world is divided into four kingdoms, each represented by the element they harness, and peace has lasted throughout the realms of Water, Air, Earth, and Fire under the supervision of the Avatar, a link to the spirit world and the only being capable of mastering the use of all four elements. The ruler of the fire kindom banished his son because he was seen as week and the prince sets out to catch the last airbender to restore his right to the throne but in order to do this he also has to protect him from those who seek to destroy the last airbender. Ok this will not be to every ones taste graphicly the effects are amazing visualy stunning.

The acting how ever in places is lacking an makes you think wow that is terrible. The style is that of anime (though not by them) It's an epic fantasy. Can tell it's of chinese origins. The other factor that lets ir down is not so much the fight scenes but as we are used to seeing actual contact in kung-fu based films there is very little of it because they are always using the 4 elements for combat but for the best part of it. It looks so very good,

I can't stress enough how good the effects in this are awsome

-egQ79OrYCs

===================================================================================================== The Rebound Ok so i do not really like chick flicks and this is one of them but, this got me laughing in a few parts no matter if you see it as a mate who is after a MILF an egged on by mates or as a woman after young guy for what ever reason..

This does cater well for most the story is not overly original but is enjoyable. The whole film is well paced keeps you're attention from start to finish has imaturity from the young bloke as well as the woman who has to be the serious one while dealing with seperation from her ex.

Plot (in very short) In New York City, a single mom captivates her new neighbor, a much younger man.. I think any one would enjoy this movie just to relax with very easy to watch with few laughs chucked in.Made me laugh a fair few times and the kids cracked me

up here is trailer.

uGyLFdzhw-c

Any requests? or I'll end up flooding the forums lol

I did space it all out so plots etc were seperated from opinion etc but as soon as i posted it they were all blocked together :S

I enjoyed the Karate kid, only issue I have with it is that there are going to be many of the younger generation calling kung-fu - karate :P they might aswel have just called it kung-fu kid... yea story is similar and what they really should have done was work with jaden's Skill level instead of using overly stupid moves that even some masters can't probably do :P such as the kick in the end of the trailer...

The Last Airbender, what can I say - based of a West Cartoon, which was praised a lot by the west culture and wasn't liked by the asian community if i remember correctly. I thought the Acting was terrible :( and if wouldn't have been laughed at as much if james Cameron didn't steal the name. ( Went to see Iron man 2 and the trailer came on and the guys behind me heard "air bender" and laughed). although the acting was terrible, I enjoyed the CG (water, ice, fire, Air and earth moves).

overall:

They are both worth a watch, not so much the last air bender if your not fond of the TV show

why when i posted it did it all go to 1 block when i spaced it all out nicely. and what is all that

rubbish that i did not put :S

Any one?

is used as a Line Break in HTML :) well it should be

E.g.

<Html>

<head>

<title></title>

</head>

<body>

Hi, there

(Will move it to the line below whatever you type after it)</p>

</body>

</html>

Should end up looking like:

Hi there

(Will Move it to the line below whatever you type after it)

post-1621-13585953900317_thumb.jpg

post-1621-13585953900912_thumb.jpg

I enjoyed the Karate kid, only issue I have with it is that there are going to be many of the younger generation calling kung-fu - karate :P they might aswel have just called it kung-fu kid... yea story is similar and what they really should have done was work with jaden's Skill level instead of using overly stupid moves that even some masters can't probably do :P such as the kick in the end of the trailer...

The Last Airbender, what can I say - based of a West Cartoon, which was praised a lot by the west culture and wasn't liked by the asian community if i remember correctly. I thought the Acting was terrible :( and if wouldn't have been laughed at as much if james Cameron didn't steal the name. ( Went to see Iron man 2 and the trailer came on and the guys behind me heard "air bender" and laughed). although the acting was terrible, I enjoyed the CG (water, ice, fire, Air and earth moves).

overall:

They are both worth a watch, not so much the last air bender if your not fond of the TV show

I did say acting was very bad n places lol but agree the efects were amazing i can't fault them at all in any way shape or form.

As to wanting to see Iron Man 2.. well what day are you coming to the meet up fri or sat next week sure i can sort that for you lmao.

The film is fantastic not quiet as good as the first but regardless still sets a very high bar.set by it