Need help with Bikejoring equipment

I finally had the chance to get my baby's hips xrayed. He got a clean bill of health from the doctor, and I would really like to get involved with bikejoring to get my husky exercised, because apparently he's getting too chunky :P I have been reading a lot online in other places about people who prefer a scooter to a bike, but I remember back when I was a kid, I had a really crappy scooter, and I could never keep my feet on it both at the same time because of balance issues. Now granted, perhaps it's easier to keep your balance on some of the newer, nicer ones, but I just don't have a good childhood memory of scooters lol So I opted for a bike, even though I'm no bike expert either. I know some people use the "walkydog" or "springer" to tie their dogs to the bike, but I'm not crazy about this design. If the husky is going to pretend he's an actual sled dog, he should run in front lol. So, I've been looking online, and saw the bayonet design for front attachment, and the antenna. I suppose the plastic pipe solution would be the cheapest, but I hate having to mess with the lines etc to figure out how to make it work. Also, I will be riding a girl bike, so it doesn't look to me like I could attach a bayonet to that either. A girl bike should certainly be easier to get off of or stop in case of emergency. So that leaves me with the antenna gizmo, which honestly looks really cool. My question is, could someone please tell me where I can find it for sale in the US? I know someone in Ireland who is on this site and sells them, but between the euro pound dollar and shipping it's going to end up costing more than I can afford right now. I haven't had any luck so far with google.... I really hope someone can help point me in the right direction.

PS I also heard there was a site from belgium that sells them, but when I went to their site, it's just a blank page.. that doesn't inspire much confidence... I'd just love a US seller if one is out there!!

PPS I opted for a multi-sport harness from a site specialized in sledding equipment, due to the high point of attachment on the bike. (I can post a link if I'm allowed and if you're curious to see what it looks like) If others use this type of harness instead of the xback, are you happy with it? The bike I plan to ride is smaller than it should be for my size, so perhaps i could get away with attaching an xback to it, but I really don't want to hurt my dog's back/hips due to bad angles.

Thank you, to anyone who can help me with this!

Can you post a link to the sites where you've found the attachments you plan to use please?

X-backs are commonly used for bikejoring, if you decide to use a different one make sure it has a breastplate like the x-backs

Thank you for the replies, here's a link to the seller's site with the harness

http://www.shopworks.com/adanac/index.cfm/action/product/prodid/000257EA-6CDF-16FA-97E600017F00E026/userid/00021D32-0F92-1BFF-8645010D0A0AD036

As for attachments, there's the bayonet, but as you can see from the pic, it seems to be made for a guy bike

http://www.nooksackracing.com/bikejoring.html

This is the antenna I would like, but it's in Ireland

http://www.countryhounds.ie/Product.aspx?product=226&cookiecheck=true

Here is the Belgian site that does not seem to be working properly, none of their images are showing, are they even still in business?

http://www.sleddogshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=269&osCsid=0cff585c5a5202a9acf26a181cdbacd4

This is one more link I found with the same idea but a different design

http://www.snowpawstore.com/bikejor-converter.html

As you can see, the good stuff is located in Europe, and I'm looking for a similar product in the US if possible..If not, i guess I will just have to cough up the money and get the nice one from countryhounds

:(

I think the belgium site is no longer selling items now, he took ages to send our antenna. snowpaw store is a good site to get one from but not in the US unfortunately but sure they can ship it to you , not sure how much more it would be though.

I'll have a look for you and ask around a few of my suppliers in the US.

But I've never come across them other than the places you've mentioned.

I really thought the antenna would be more widely available in the US, as bikejoring is popular.

email snowpaws ( info@snowpawstore.com ) ask them about delivery to the US. They'll reply with something like

"Unfortunately, we can not ship to United States. If you could let me know what products you are interested in, and I may be able to put you in contact with alternative suppliers closer to you."

Maybe it depends on what you're looking for or maybe they've recently changed their policy? I contacted Snowpaw Store because I couldn't find any bikejor equipment here in the U.S., and I thought that their "bikejor converter" antenna attachment looked like the best design for my mountain bikes and my riding style (I don't yet bikejor, but I've mountain biked for years, and their design looked, to me, to be safest for me and my dog in terms of not impaling either of us during a crash).

Anyway, I just made a short story long: Bottom line is that they were willing to give me a shipping quote, and I have ordered their bikejor converter. They did tell me that they do not typically ship to the U.S. because the shipping rates are so high, but I'd rather spend the shipping to get what I wanted than to settle for something else.

So maybe try them if they have what you want. I guess I found it didn't hurt to ask!

Thank you everyone for your replies. I will start contacting some people about shipping costs :) Hopefully one of these places will work out for me.

I sent you a PM with the full total

€8 to Florida wasn't bad for the shipping cost