Ideas, Ideas, Ideas......

Sparks

yikes!! I didn';t understand half of that lol

I say this one:

7 Human Posture monitoring system in a work environment

yeah i was looking at that 1 saz, because it could help alot of people, And i dont think it would be too hard to do............

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hers an idea for yah,

using this one...

31 Design and implementation of the match-making algorithm for a social network site

maybe the matchmaking could be husky breeding ?

design and implomentation could be done on this site using the forum members etc.. ( if allowed by admin of course :) )

variables of gender, temprement, colouring etc..

has possiblities in creating a breeding network from trusted owners.

hers an idea for yah,

using this one...

31 Design and implementation of the match-making algorithm for a social network site

maybe the matchmaking could be husky breeding ?

design and implomentation could be done on this site using the forum members etc.. ( if allowed by admin of course :) )

variables of gender, temprement, colouring etc..

has possiblities in creating a breeding network from trusted owners.

it's not just the temperament you need to go on when breeding, you need to consider hip and eye scores for one - research the generations before to make sure you're not crossing over where you shouldn't etc

well peeps i have just received the list i may have to pick from to do my final year project, so which 1 do you think sounds the best, and will be most interesting?????

here the list -

1 Simulation of BER performance of frequency selective Rician Mobile radio channels

2 Development of two dimensional ray tracing simulation model for broadband wireless personal and mobile radio channels with multiple successive internal reflection modelling

3 Simulation of BER performance for indoor mobile radio channels using ray tracing

4 Automatic Pattern identification/recognition using the n-tuple technique in LabView

5 Effective LED dimming System

6 Battery management Architectures for Hybrid/Electrical Vehicles

7 Human Posture monitoring system in a work environment

8 MIS - Management of Information System for business online transactions

9 Solar Energy provision for typical public buildings or leisure facilities

10 Porting the code (software) developed for the Collision avoidance of pilotless programmable autonomous motor vehicles project into RTOS such as uCOS II or similar

11 Solar Energy control of Solar panels guidance systems

12 Function generator based upon an embedded system

13 An embedded system based signal analyser

14 PAD Based Hygiene Audit System for a Hospital

15 Analysing sporting performance via GPS

16 A Wood Kiln controller

17 Real-Time Computer Position Control of Servo Systems

18 Real-Time Computer Position Control of Servo Systems via the Internet

19 Real-Time Computer Level Control of Water Tanks via the Internet

20 Real-Time Computer Speed Control of Electrical Motors via the Internet

21 Real-Time Computer Temperature Control of Heating Systems via the Internet

22 Development of a sonogram processor core for the processing of medical ultrasound signals

23 Performance evaluation of a VHDL Open Source Ethernet controller

24 Evaluation of high-speed hardware multipliers - fixed and floating point

25 Evaluation of Samba V4 as an Open Source replacement for Active Directory

26 Design and verification of a JPEG compression/decompression core, for embedded image processing applications

27 DSP model for processing Laser Doppler Signals

28 Design and implementation of a decision support system for medical diagnosis of musculoskeletal deformities

29 Design and implementation of the search engine for e-commerce application using click-tracking network approach

30 Product recommender engine for e-commerce website based on combined item-based and collaborative filtering algorithm

32 Statistical Analysis measured and simulated data in a time dynamic vegetation channel

33 Highly stabilised adjustable power supply for Gunn diode oscillators

34 Dynamic wideband vegetation channel simulation for modulated signals using QAM, OFDM etc

35 Transient filter for power supply for Gunn diode oscillators

36 Evaluation of 4G simulator and integrating dynamic vegetation model

37 OFDM Performance over 60GHz Multipath Channel

38 VHDL Behavioural Simulation of M-QAM Transceiver

39 Coding for Wireless Communication Systems

40 Simulink-based Simulation of Quadrature Amplitude Modulation (QAM) System over multipath channel

41 Design & Development of an automated test system to characterise analogue filters

42 Design and development of a Parametric Equaliser for use in audio engineering

43 New Product Introduction Tracker

44 Electronic Production Quality Defects database

45 Software tool for financial data mining

46 Circuit simulator software tool using VisualStudio.NET

47 Development of a DDA (Disability Discrimination Act) compliant e-commerce website using WC3 recommendations

48 Robot control using EEG

49 Investigation into parallel computing using GPUs

50 Travelling cavity laser

51 Interferometric technique using tuneable laser

52 LED Photonic lattice enhjancement

53 Design and Construct an FDM Transmitter

54 Design and Construct an Amplitude Modulator by Additive Mixing

55 Windowed-Sinc Filters using C++

56 Frequency Domain Pitch Detection using C++

57 Channel Vocoder Speech Synthesis using C++

58 Design of 4-Wheel Robot Platform

59 Micromouse Maze Solving Robot

60 Battery charge and discharge monitoring and test system

61 Development of a PC-based Testbed for FPGA-based digital circuits

62 Evaluation of uCLinux on a Analog Devices Blackfin DSP processor

63 Smart Metering (Competition)

can you not narrow it down to say 4 and put it up for a poll?!!

that is a good idea, but i dont think i would be allowed to design it for everyday use for a pet........

it would have to be design specifically for the sport so it would work in a different way......

i will ask my university and see what they say :D

• 1 month later...

ok i have got my project now :D :D

it is - Building Services: Security System

and this is what i have to do :lol: -

The system must have a master control system, which will allow the following functionality:

· A keyboard based coded entry to switch the system on/off or alter system settings.

· A timed interlock with the main entrance/exit door, for both enter/exit.

· An alarm system which responds to

o Entry via armed entrance such as doors and windows

o Include a hand-held personal alarm (this can be hard-wired in the first instance, then possible extension to include wireless operation).

o The alarm must adhere to legal time limitation.

o Operation via a form of movement sensor.

· In the first instance the system can be driven from a laboratory dc power supply.

· There should be provision for a mains transformer to provide a low dc secondary voltage as the primary supply to the system. The system should be supported by battery back-up and an alarm (not full alarm) that notes when the mains may be disconnected or there is a low voltage input.

Sparks - I work for a security distribution company and can get all types of security equipment - cctv, IP, anything and everything at cost - so if you've gotta get anything out of your own pocket let me know and will see prices i can get for you x

Sparks - I work for a security distribution company and can get all types of security equipment - cctv, IP, anything and everything at cost - so if you've gotta get anything out of your own pocket let me know and will see prices i can get for you x

ohh that would be great, thanks Saz :D

i will let you know if i am going to need anything :)

I want a device that when i wake up from a heavy session with a beer in my hand still it will make it cold again for me with while still in my hand an re-fiz it so it isn't flat anymore an still tastes like beer none of that soda stream crap lol.

Or Glasses that will remove women only clothes and underware no brken ones where men are naked lol

Oh and a car with a sat nav for taxi drivers that as soon as they try and take you the long route for more money a hand comes out and slaps them repeatedly untill they sort it out.

also i want a micro ship implant that i can activate with out any one else knowing that i am listening to music so i can block out stupid people like my boss.

a husky translator wont go amiss to while you are at it .. and if you have time after that how about a device that removes hangovers ... there is my list santa lol

• 1 month later...

ok so i have finished the design now :D

it has all been simulated on computer and is working great.

but i have 1 problem at the moment that someone may be able to help me with. so here goes :lol:

i got an IP camera set up that detects motion, and once it is detected will send an email to you telling you that the alarm has been turned on, but i cant get it to send the email. I know i have to get up a smtp server to allow me to use the integrated software to send the email i have tried to set up all my email accounts so far but when i test it i either get

"cannot connect to server"

or

Test ... FailedThe message is denied by the server. Maybe because of the anti-spam privacy of the server

has anyone ever tried this before and has had this problem??? and do you have any suggestions on how i can fix it???

Depending on from which adress you want to send the email, can't you use the SMTP-servers from that provider? For example, when you want to send it from ...@gmail.com you can use their SMTP-server. My webhoster also has SMTP and our ISP also provides an SMTP-server which I use for all my outgoing mails for my programs.

I have no experience with setting up my own SMTP-server though.

i set it up so that it would use the smtp.gmail.com server, but now i have found out that because it uses smtp port 25 it will not allow it because my ISP blocks port 25 :angry:

and apparently the only smtp port that i can use is port 25.

so i think i wont be able to get this working from home, i will have to test it all together in uni using their internet connection which wont block port 25.

if that makes sense :lol:

i set it up so that it would use the smtp.gmail.com server, but now i have found out that because it uses smtp port 25 it will not allow it because my ISP blocks port 25 :angry:

and apparently the only smtp port that i can use is port 25.

so i think i wont be able to get this working from home, i will have to test it all together in uni using their internet connection which wont block port 25.

if that makes sense :lol:

Gmail requires you to use authentication AND use TLS or SSL. They don't allow any unencrypted data to be send :lol:http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=13287

i tried ports 587 and 465 which are the ports for TLS and SSL and it still wouldnt let me connect to the server.

i will have one more look at this tomorrow, i dont have alot of patience with things like this so will prob just give up in the end :lol: