Ideas, Ideas, Ideas......

Sparks

Hi guys and gals,

next year is my last year in university and I need to a major individual project on a subject of my choice. so here is when you lot come in, I am in need of ideas on different projects I could do. I can do practically anything I want to do with electronics.

for example, when your alarm clock goes off in the morning it will send a signal over blue-tooth that will turn on your kettle, so by the time you are up your kettle will be ready to use, this is a rather easy example.

Another harder example may be a burglar alarm with a laser beam that once the laser beam is broke will send a text message to your mobile phone alerting you of the time and place it had occurred.

the reason why I am asking now is because I can then do some research over the summer before I go back to uni at the end of the year.

So peeps use your imagination and lets see what you come up with :D

Any ideas and/or help will be appreciated. :up:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sensors around the house that as soon as you walk through the door at certain times, activates the cappacino machine,sets the oven to warm up for dinner, and with timers will set the bath going and warm up bath towels and the kettle for horlicks, also either warm or cool your bedroom and switch lights on and off

sensors around the house that as soon as you walk through the door at certain times, activates the cappacino machine,sets the oven to warm up for dinner, and with timers will set the bath going and warm up bath towels and the kettle for horlicks, also either warm or cool your bedroom and switch lights on and off

maybe could use clapping sensors, and light sensors so when it goes dark it will turn the lights on automatically?????

i like you ideas these could be done quite easily

:up: :up:

Hey Marc,

you are aware of induction mats you can use to charge mobile phones without cables.

OK now imagine the whole house induction powered.

The Kitchen worktops all fitted with induction grids

all appliances then become wireless powered. Movemthe kettle or toaster or microwave or electric can opener wherever and simply use them. . .no need for wires n cables put it where you want and switch it on.

living room . . .TV, stereo, PC all induction powered and add wireless comms between them for true wireless equipment. Imagine the revolution as the rats nest of cables. . . GONE !!!

Hey Marc,

you are aware of induction mats you can use to charge mobile phones without cables.

OK now imagine the whole house induction powered.

The Kitchen worktops all fitted with induction grids

all appliances then become wireless powered. Movemthe kettle or toaster or microwave or electric can opener wherever and simply use them. . .no need for wires n cables put it where you want and switch it on.

living room . . .TV, stereo, PC all induction powered and add wireless comms between them for true wireless equipment. Imagine the revolution as the rats nest of cables. . . GONE !!!

that is an awesome idea, will defo look into this, see if i can do it. Would be awesome tho

:up: :up:

I think the main problem will be current induction mats work on quite low voltage. . .so ramping up that level of induction with out generating massive amounts of static. . . . Also in phones its the battery that is charged

So each appliance will need to either be converted to a battery which charges from the induction. . . Or the induction grid will need to be able to generate 240 volts safely and the appliance can draw realtime full power from the grid

choose an standard household appliance and demosnstrate the idea on just one . . . By default the examiners will be able to see it working for all appliances.

choose an standard household appliance and demosnstrate the idea on just one . . . By default the examiners will be able to see it working for all appliances.

ye that is what i think i will do, as i have a set time to get this down and if i try to much at the start i may not finish in time.

Thanks for the Awesome idea tho :D :D :up:

blink.gif my head hurtsblink.gif

how about a robot that will do simple things for you like making you a brew / ironing lol

making a robot is mostly programming and it gets boring after a while lol plus i would get very angry when it didnt work lol

anyway we have plenty of people who can iron and make a brew lmao :D :D

so here is the simple idea of inductive charging. it is simply a transformer, you connect the primary windings to the mains, you then place the second windings in parallel with the first, once this happens a current is induced across the second windings thus creating voltage which is used to power a circuit.

here a little video to show what i mean......

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

then is you times this by about 10-15 you can then recharge an electrical car, here is a video to show the concept......

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=RnePffoZs_k

• 4 weeks later...

well peeps i have just received the list i may have to pick from to do my final year project, so which 1 do you think sounds the best, and will be most interesting?????

here the list -

1 Simulation of BER performance of frequency selective Rician Mobile radio channels

2 Development of two dimensional ray tracing simulation model for broadband wireless personal and mobile radio channels with multiple successive internal reflection modelling

3 Simulation of BER performance for indoor mobile radio channels using ray tracing

4 Automatic Pattern identification/recognition using the n-tuple technique in LabView

5 Effective LED dimming System

6 Battery management Architectures for Hybrid/Electrical Vehicles

7 Human Posture monitoring system in a work environment

8 MIS - Management of Information System for business online transactions

9 Solar Energy provision for typical public buildings or leisure facilities

10 Porting the code (software) developed for the Collision avoidance of pilotless programmable autonomous motor vehicles project into RTOS such as uCOS II or similar

11 Solar Energy control of Solar panels guidance systems

12 Function generator based upon an embedded system

13 An embedded system based signal analyser

14 PAD Based Hygiene Audit System for a Hospital

15 Analysing sporting performance via GPS

16 A Wood Kiln controller

17 Real-Time Computer Position Control of Servo Systems

18 Real-Time Computer Position Control of Servo Systems via the Internet

19 Real-Time Computer Level Control of Water Tanks via the Internet

20 Real-Time Computer Speed Control of Electrical Motors via the Internet

21 Real-Time Computer Temperature Control of Heating Systems via the Internet

22 Development of a sonogram processor core for the processing of medical ultrasound signals

23 Performance evaluation of a VHDL Open Source Ethernet controller

24 Evaluation of high-speed hardware multipliers - fixed and floating point

25 Evaluation of Samba V4 as an Open Source replacement for Active Directory

26 Design and verification of a JPEG compression/decompression core, for embedded image processing applications

27 DSP model for processing Laser Doppler Signals

28 Design and implementation of a decision support system for medical diagnosis of musculoskeletal deformities

29 Design and implementation of the search engine for e-commerce application using click-tracking network approach

30 Product recommender engine for e-commerce website based on combined item-based and collaborative filtering algorithm

31 Design and implementation of the match-making algorithm for a social network site

32 Statistical Analysis measured and simulated data in a time dynamic vegetation channel

33 Highly stabilised adjustable power supply for Gunn diode oscillators

34 Dynamic wideband vegetation channel simulation for modulated signals using QAM, OFDM etc

35 Transient filter for power supply for Gunn diode oscillators

36 Evaluation of 4G simulator and integrating dynamic vegetation model

37 OFDM Performance over 60GHz Multipath Channel

38 VHDL Behavioural Simulation of M-QAM Transceiver

39 Coding for Wireless Communication Systems

40 Simulink-based Simulation of Quadrature Amplitude Modulation (QAM) System over multipath channel

41 Design & Development of an automated test system to characterise analogue filters

42 Design and development of a Parametric Equaliser for use in audio engineering

43 New Product Introduction Tracker

44 Electronic Production Quality Defects database

45 Software tool for financial data mining

46 Circuit simulator software tool using VisualStudio.NET

47 Development of a DDA (Disability Discrimination Act) compliant e-commerce website using WC3 recommendations

48 Robot control using EEG

49 Investigation into parallel computing using GPUs

50 Travelling cavity laser

51 Interferometric technique using tuneable laser

52 LED Photonic lattice enhjancement

53 Design and Construct an FDM Transmitter

54 Design and Construct an Amplitude Modulator by Additive Mixing

55 Windowed-Sinc Filters using C++

56 Frequency Domain Pitch Detection using C++

57 Channel Vocoder Speech Synthesis using C++

58 Design of 4-Wheel Robot Platform

59 Micromouse Maze Solving Robot