Stud services...

Richards

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

marie again with being really really defensive and not answering questions

you really arent helping yourself by arguing or bring rude to terry, he knows what he is on about and is very knowlegable

Ok ... STOP with *** Ok? If Terry does not like my reply he will tell me right Kelly. :D

a minature?? ive never seen a minature husky before have u got a pic ov ur dogs?? wud love 2 c them especially ur miniature :)

Normally cross bred with smaller dogs like minature collies. My sister had one a few years ago. She was soft, loving and intelligent. Its one of the reasons why I fell in love with all Huskies.

No offence intended Marie but Its well worth taking the advice offered with most of the people on here especially those who do welfare stuff with Huskies as chances are they will know more than you or your vet about the breed.

Normally cross bred with smaller dogs like minature collies. My sister had one a few years ago. She was soft, loving and intelligent. Its one of the reasons why I fell in love with all Huskies.

No offence intended Marie but Its well worth taking the advice offered with most of the people on here especially those who do welfare stuff with Huskies as chances are they will know more than you or your vet about the breed.

ah right cool thnx rob :) wud still like 2 see a pic ov her dogs tho ;) lol

i agree with ur second bit in this reply 2 :D

PMSL I am so used to being called a chap, would that make me and Mick a gay couple then pmsl,

Marie you said you fell in love with Huskies, if so why would you think about breeding from dogs that have no history or health checks, Dont try and change a breed that you are very new in. Give yourself time to learn about the breed, go to shows and meet other breeders, learn from as many people as possible, If you are going to breed do it properly.

Terry

PMSL I am so used to being called a chap, would that make me and Mick a gay couple then pmsl,

Marie you said you fell in love with Huskies, if so why would you think about breeding from dogs that have no history or health checks, Dont try and change a breed that you are very new in. Give yourself time to learn about the breed, go to shows and meet other breeders, learn from as many people as possible, If you are going to breed do it properly.

Terry

really sorry terry, i will remember that you are a girlbiggrin.gif

Marie

You've had some really great replies here, on a lot of other forums (in fact probably any other forum) you would get shot down on for what you're doing. People are not like that here they only want to try and help in any way that they can. Please don't take it as a criticism or a derogatory remark on your dogs, they are looking out for the welfare of the pups and the breed as a whole.

As has already been stated, hip and eye scores really are paramount if you are considering breeding. Also, have a chat with other breeders in your area, ask them loads of questions, a good breeder will do all they can to help you. Try going to some shows as well and get chatting to people just to learn as much as you can about the husky world - there's so much information out there, it's best to arm yourself with as much information as possible. No one wants to see you leave the forum however people are just trying to help.

Refusing to go into detail about the scores etc or reasons why you're considering breeding comes across as having something to hide which a good breeder doesn't' want to do.

At the end of the day, it's your decision what you do with your dogs, please though consider the advice that very knowledgeable people here have given and look at both sides of the coin.

I am not judging you or your dogs but I really hope that you take away some very good pieces of information from here hun x

no problem guys, BUT my boobs are bigger than Micks pmsl

hiding behind the couch now, dont tell him I said that LOL

terry

LMAO

BTW I still have that stuff I collected for that husky rescue. never did find out who to deliver it too

If you don't want people questioning you about why you want to breed and the health of your dogs, you shouldn't post on a public forum about it.

What are you going to do when your puppy buyers ask you if your dogs have been hip scored? Eye tested? What their parents were like? If their parents were healthy, well tempered dogs? You can't tell them not to ask you questions.

There is no such thing as a miniature husky, just a crossbreed or poorly bred Sibe who does not meet the breed standard and this can come with a massive amount of health problems especially if you aren't screening your dogs for any health issues.

If you don't want people questioning you about why you want to breed and the health of your dogs, you shouldn't post on a public forum about it.

What are you going to do when your puppy buyers ask you if your dogs have been hip scored? Eye tested? What their parents were like? If their parents were healthy, well tempered dogs? You can't tell them not to ask you questions.

There is no such thing as a miniature husky, just a crossbreed or poorly bred Sibe who does not meet the breed standard and this can come with a massive amount of health problems especially if you aren't screening your dogs for any health issues.

Yes and am sory for that, peoples we be happy to hear that am not gonna do breeding because of many ressons specially the tips and replies i have got today. At frist i was mad but then realize i was makings mistakes , sorry again peoples:unsure:

Marie,

We all make mistakes.. remember where only human after all!

We all start somewhere, especially with knowledge, When i first joined this site i hardly knew a thing about huskies only a few major points, Now i am like a little book of information because of all the wonderful people here who have helped!

I'm sure no one meant any harm by their opinions, after all this is a forum and we are all able to share our opinion!

Sarah, Claire, rep added ;)

Peoples Should not ask me about personal Score of my dogs or information that i don't and would not give thank you again. Sorry if i mad some peoples mad here.

Afraid I do find that a little worrying :unsure:

It's a given in responsible breeding for these tests to be done and the owner happy to divulge them for a breeding dog. I would expect that information to be volounteed willingly by the stud owner, and likewise, I expect to be asked for it, along with a 5 generation pedigree and proof that the bitches breeder is happy to revoke breeding restrictions on the bitch. We recently mated one of our girls and went along with ALL those documents and not before several long discussions and the studs owner meeting the bitch BEFORE the mating.

In the UK: Eye tests can be done at any age, but most vets like the dog to be at least 6 months before doing a full BVA test. Hip tests via the BVA CANNOT be done before 1 year old. We tend to eye test at 1 year and hips are not done till at least 2 years (personal choice). It's generally considered good practice to wait till a dog is 2 years old and fully developed before using him at stud. Males don't take on their proper adult conformation till that age and their heads in particular take time to mature (sometimes referred to as the head 'cracking'....meaning the skull broadens and takes on it's adult shape). 2 years is the bare MINIMUM considered acceptable for a Husky bitch to carry a litter, even then, some bitches are not mentally mature enough. We have a girl who's 2 next month, and no way is she mature enough, she's still a puppy in her head despite being physically mature.

I'm not aiming this directly at anyone. It's just a summary of the very basics of whats considered acceptable on health grounds alone, and does not include any nof the suitability aspects that also need to be considered. B)