How Fast can Sibes Run??

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked, cycle computer in Tesco's is £6.95 for a 9 function computer.

Have fitted one to my scooter and their a doddle to set up , it comes with instructions that have all the common tyre sizes just enter the number into the computer from the chart.

If your tyre size is not on the list just make a mark on your tyre and the floor , roll the wheel along the ground through one complete revolution and make a second mark on the floor then just measure the distance between the two marks . Hey presto!!!

Adjam

Just checked, cycle computer in Tesco's is £6.95 for a 9 function computer.

Have fitted one to my scooter and their a doddle to set up , it comes with instructions that have all the common tyre sizes just enter the number into the computer from the chart.

If your tyre size is not on the list just make a mark on your tyre and the floor , roll the wheel along the ground through one complete revolution and make a second mark on the floor then just measure the distance between the two marks . Hey presto!!!

Adjam

Thanks Adam.

Been busy but will have a look in tescos today. . .

Stay Tuned. . . lol biggrin.gif

Never got the actual speed but when Scooby was younger she used 2 kick the racing Greyhounds ass, so guess u could find it on the net bout them ??

Just seen this link so mayb this Greyhound was retired !!!

www.friendsofgreyhounds.org/faqs.html

Soz dont know how 2 do links im rubbish, anyway it says 70mph 4 Greyhounds !!!

Yep sorry Scooby it def was retired laugh.gif

What kind of bike attachment do you guys have? We are thinking of getting one.

I'd go for the Walkydog every time. Their light weight, not too bulky, quick to attach and remove, have in-built shock-absorber, plus you can buy extra clamps so you can fit too multiple bikes.

Both lyn and i have a clamp on our bikes so either of us can take Logan out.

And the Ezygod harness works really well and are well worth the money, also makes a great walking harness

Adjam

Yeah I finally got a speedo on the bike, but I've only been out once.

just before this heat kicked in. in the evening got up to 19 MPH and he wasn't really trying.

I could tell the difference from the other day when we REALLY flew along, this 19 MPH "clocked" speed was nowhere near as fast. sad.gif

I'm qualifying these speeds as the fastest I got with him pulling and me NOT pedalling.

Andy, it is going to be really interesting to see how he does a few months down the line as he gets fitter and fitter. Aren't you nervous? I'd have a heart attack a those speeds.

Not really biggrin.gif, I've got disc brakes on the bike. I can slow him down if I need to.

When he really kicks into high gear, you can feel each pull as a little surge. It's a great feeling.'laugh.gif

I have just made inquiries about importing a Pawtrekker scooter to South Africa. Maybe we should rather just get two bikes and import the walkydog attachment - I am a bit hesitant about the scooter because we would only be able to afford one, so one of us will always be on the sidelines waiting. With bikes we could go out together. We ideally want to ride in the forests around us (good roads and cheap access). I'll have to spend a couple of weeks/months on the treadmill though - I am really not fit at all :(

Yeah I finally got a speedo on the bike, but I've only been out once.

just before this heat kicked in. in the evening got up to 19 MPH and he wasn't really trying.

I could tell the difference from the other day when we REALLY flew along, this 19 MPH "clocked" speed was nowhere near as fast. sad.gif

I'm qualifying these speeds as the fastest I got with him pulling and me NOT pedalling.

glad you finally managed to sort sumat out without killing yourself lmao

i did spot sumat to clock the speed on your bike in aldi over the weekend and was tryin to find this post to tell you bout it but it doesnt matter now as your sorted biggrin.gif

Linda . . . that's just mean!!!! blink.gifbiggrin.gif

Yeah, I know I'll probably laff about it too when I get over the concussion and the broken arm. biggrin.gif

Me too,

But coming off me bike at 30MPH just to give you a giggle. . .that's expecting TOO much of our friendship. . .Hmmmmm biggrin.gif

lol soz about that , got a page cannot be displayed message when trying to post so thought it hadn't posted . blink.gifbiggrin.gif

no worries just hit F5 if you get that message, not sure why you got it in the first place though blink.gif F5 will just refresh your screen :)

• 3 months later...