How Fast can Sibes Run??

Has anyone clocked how fast sibes can run ??

I took Darwin out for a run on my bike.

I have the WalkyDog attatchment for safe running.

The area is a 40mph driving limit, wide roads. However I keep Darwin on the path beside the road. It's a good wide path with nice 5ft grass verges on either side of the path.

I'm on the path and Darwin is on the grass beside me.

Anyhoo. . .after happily towing me up an incline we crested the top and came to the other side and Darwin started powering down the descent on the other side.

WOW!!

I don't have a speedo on my bike but we wuz seriously shifting !

Cars were passing us on the road but not very fast if you get my drift.

I suspect we were doing between 20 & 25 MPH

I know he was pulling me downhill but gosh that felt fast.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow go darwin lol!!

we have a bike attachment too lol.....dont go far with shiloh though as he is still abit young- he can run quite fast though now so would love to see what he can do when he is older :)

x x

Yeah, koda is only five months. . .can't wait until she's a year old to try her out.

Darwin is wary of the bike until we start moving and then whoosh he 's off.

It's great.

I stop him after every couple of minutes, to check the harness and see if he's getting tired. Dribble him some water.

It's great to give him a good work out.biggrin.gif

im not kidding now i honestly fink its one of the best things that have ever been invented lmao laugh.gif

i havent been out with him yet- the bike is too big for my tiny legs!!...ian takes him out on it- he only goes once around the estate....we do it before we go to puppy training so he is nice and relaxed during the class lol

anyone who is thinking of getting one then go for it...best thing ever!! :)

x x

Sibes are fast, when grey is off lead he will be at the other end off the park and i will call him and the aerodynamics set in! his ears go back the tail out straight his head low and he powers towards me and all off a sudden thunders past.....

im going to try and video it today when im out and post it up....

Sibes are fast, when grey is off lead he will be at the other end off the park and i will call him and the aerodynamics set in! his ears go back the tail out straight his head low and he powers towards me and all off a sudden thunders past.....

im going to try and video it today when im out and post it up....

oooooh pls do try...would love to see that lol...... bet its well funny lol :) x x

Ooohh, I just had an Idea. . . laugh.gif

I got GPS on my Nokia N97

I wonder if I can rig some kind of Holder, crank up the GPS and see if I can replicate the downhill run if the fone will give me the speed???

Hhhmmmmm. . . tongue.gif

I wonder if I can rig some kind of Holder, crank up the GPS and see if I can replicate the downhill run if the fone will give me the speed???

Hhhmmmmm. . . tongue.gif

[/quote

lol....how did you fink of that??? you geek tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

lol....how did you fink of that??? you geek tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Thanx. . .It come natural I guess laugh.gifbiggrin.giftongue.gif

Ok so I just had a DUHHHHHH !!! moment blink.gif

There I am thinking I'm soooooo clever using the GPS on my fone. . .when. . . angry.gifrolleyes.gif

I've got a frikken GPS in the car, y'know the type you put in a holder suctioned to the windscreen, It charges up so it doesn't need to be plugged into the power socket.

I'll just take that out with me. . .

Lol. . .sometimes the obvious escapes me. . .wink.gif

Somewhere in the back of your mind you'll hear the John Williams theme from Superman. . . and it'll be me flying along. . . whhheeeeeeeeee laugh.gif

lmao...thats exactly the reason why i havent attempted to use it yet- me and bikes dont mix well rolleyes.gif ....wish you could video it...could do with a good laugh!! wink.gif

Ooooh, theres a camera on my fone. . .

Oooiii !! don't get me started down that route again. . . lol laugh.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.gif

Has anyone clocked how fast sibes can run ??

I suspect we were doing between 20 & 25 MPH

I know he was pulling me downhill but gosh that felt fast.

a good healthy sibe can easily run at 20mph, and push to nearly 30mph

i know micha does over 25mph because i have been clocked on my mountain bike doing 25, and micha can pull away from me at top speed

i like using the sat nav idea, i will have to try that one and see how well she does.

a sibe apparently wont reach full speed until it is at least 2 years old

Hhhmmmmm. . . tongue.gif

why not just buy a cycle computer for your bike, Tesco sell them for about a fiver at the moment

Logan runs at a trot at about 12-15 mph. full tilt and he's hitting close to 20mph

why not just buy a cycle computer for your bike, Tesco sell them for about a fiver at the moment

See. . .that's what I mean. . ohmy.gif

The simple solutions are out there staring me in the face. . .lol smile.gif

Thanx Adam.

I'm on the night shift tonite, finish work at 5am I'll pop into Tescos on the way home and see if they got any. biggrin.gif

Lol linda. . . it's not a case of me keeping up with him. . .lolbiggrin.gif

I'm just steering, (and hanging on for grim death. . lol ohmy.gif ) not much pedalling involved.. . . he just wants to pull me along.

Logan runs at a trot at about 12-15 mph. full tilt and he's hitting close to 20mph

they have to be set up dead right or they give the wrong reading gps would be more accurate

they have to be set up dead right or they give the wrong reading gps would be more accurate

Ok so I'll get a speedo and calibrate it with the GPS. . .lol biggrin.gif