New Brush Bow

Well , couldn't wait to get home last night to check out the brush bow that my dad had fabricated for Logan's scooter.

The scooter itself is not a great scooter but for under £60 i thought it would do as a starter scooter until i'm in a position to buy a better one.

gallery_1679_475_39757.jpg

The scooter was purchased from ebay (good old ebay) and i have made a few modifications to it since purchase ( new handlebar grips, twin water bottles, cycle computer to monitor speed and distance), but the one thing i really needed was a brush bow .

I had contacted Chris at Dax scooters to see if they had any spare brush bows around his workshop , then my dad got wind of my plans and said " I can build one of those" so he had a go and this is the outcome

gallery_1679_475_47801.jpg

I think he's done a great job , he's going to paint it up today and will be taking Logan for a test run tonight, can't waitbiggrin.gif

Adjam

Looks awsum!!

Have you still got that bit that was origionally on it??

Do you mean the Walkydog attachment that is in the first photo?

I do still have it but its back on my mountain bike now , it was just a temporary thing until i sorted out a Brush bow.

You can get the Walkydog from http://www.innerwolf.co.uk/ they are £24.95 plus p&p.

Their brilliant if you want to run your dog when you go cycling. Logan loves it. We bought one walkydog and then bought a spare clamp so both Lyn and I have a clamp on our bikes so either of us can take Logan out. We use it with an Ezydog harness which seems to work well.

Adjam

looks mint, wish i could have a go with my kaiser.how did you fit two water bottle holders? i wouldnt mind doing that ??????

thnx

The scooter has three down tubes, one from the top of the headtube and two from lower down the headtube , so i just cabletied the two bottle holders onto the two side downtubes. The reason i went for two is because one bottle probably wouldn't hold enough water for logan , i use a camelback for myself.

Adam

I'm also planning on making a new footbed as the one thats on it is a bit skinny and can't get both my feet onto it . Need to buy some skateboard griptape lunchtime then I'll be makibng a new one out of plywood this weekend

Adjam

your doing all this stuff lol may as well get a new pawtrecker smile.gif

Ah but a pawtrekker costs £250 . this way as far as Lyn's concerned i only spent £60 on the scooter. then i buy all the bits and bobs as i go along. That way it doesn't seem as expensive biggrin.gif

A little trick i picked up off my dad. lol

Ah but a pawtrekker costs £250 . this way as far as Lyn's concerned i only spent £60 on the scooter. then i buy all the bits and bobs as i go along. That way it doesn't seem as expensive biggrin.gif

A little trick i picked up off my dad. lol

lolz-gd thinkin -maybe ill just do that :)

Well the brush bow is now painted up and fitted to the scooter.

New foot plate made and fitted, water bottles, grips and computer fitted.

Almost finished now, just need to sort out the front brake as the cable is catching on the brushbow and frame , So am gonna fit a new handlebar stem with hollow bolt so i can route the brake cable throught the stem and into brake from below. Then it will be finished honest rolleyes.gif

gallery_1679_475_54469.jpg

Close up of brush bow

gallery_1679_475_14352.jpg

Adjam

Thats ace, wish i could have somethin like that 4 mine.

Nanook was really good on a rig on the last meet so will have 2 wait til oct 4 him 2 have another go. Mushu is a bit young n skittish but by then should b ok. R u goin ?

We're hoping to attend but not 100% sure yet, our main concern is that its gonna be bl**dy cold that time of year, fine for Logan but not so great for me and Lyn lol biggrin.gif

And why not get a scooter yourself . This one only cost jsut over £60 on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Concept-No-Fear-20-Wheel-Scooter-RRP-69-95-/190396323772?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Scooters_LE&hash=item2c548157bc

Adjam