question about poo lol

ok so we went to the dog park yesterday and there was like no dogs around cause the weather was bad but the kids just had to get out lol. Long story short today my corgi mix Foxy (please don't read if you are eating or thinking of eating) her poo was grey with a mucous membrane around it. I've been doing some checking online, our vet is closed right now, and it could be a variety of things apparently. Normally I wouldn't be really concerned but she hasn't eaten all day either so naturally I'm thinking of taking her in to get an exam and possibly a fecal. I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this before and what it might have been?

My dog recently had a tummy upset. She was off her food, sick and had diarrhea. A couple of times the poo was grey with sticky membrane. We had to take her to the vet, got an antibiotic and wormed. I would say if she is not ok by tomorrow get her checked out by the vet.smile.gif Or ring and ask them for advice

Oh shoot. I'm eating my lunch. That sounds like it is time for a vet. There could be something a bit more going on that might require some prescription meds.

Hello there my girl star had something similar some time back and i took her to the vets he perscribed some pro kolin for her but if continues i would certainly take her to the vets, let us know how it goes x

• 2 weeks later...

zomg nice weather comes out and I forget to get online LOL so so sorry about the late update. She is doing much better I talked to her vet and he said it was probably something in the dirt she has no worms or parasites so yay for her lol he said that out dirt in the city tends to have all sorts of icky chemicals in it so I just have to be vigilant of her eating it.

Unfortunatley once I got that cleared up she's started not eating and is throwing up so another trip to the vet is going to happen tomorrow if she doesn't get better. I'm not sure if she just ate something that totally didn't agree with her or what but she's not even her usual exuberant self so I'm a little worried. LOL I'm so glad my vet is so understanding of worried moms he said to just keep an eye on her try some boiled chicken or turkey and if she is still feeling icky to bring her in again. I swear I'm going to go grey before I'm thirty lol. Thanks for all the advice and kind words guys I'll try to keep you posted a little better on Foxy she's such a sweetheart I totally hate to see her feeling icky :(

:( thanks sara the vet had to reschedule due to a family emergency so we'll have to wait till friday to see what is wrong with my Porgi. She's a little more perky today though and drinking water ok but she still won't eat anything but boiled chicken and that's the only thing she can keep down at the moment :( I have no idea what this means but the vet thinks it's intestinal parasites or possibly a tooth problem; she's been really squeaky when she talks and doesn't talk nearly as much as she normally does so there's the possiblity of a cold or some sort or allergies to. 'sigh' when it rains it pours right ^_^ Kiana has her first rabies on Friday as well so i'll have two balls of miserable fur at the end of the week lol.

Whew what a day. Foxy turns out has a canine flu type bug so she's on antibiotics for a bit. Poor thing got a testy when the took her temp, who wouldn't :P , and so they muzzled her since she's been under the weather. She was so sad she seriously looked like she would cry poor thing she's never had one on before and she was so confused. Anyway, all went pretty well with Kiana to she got her puppy booster and her very first rabies. Oddly enough the shots themselves didn't bother her one bit lol but boy was she testy a few hours afterwards poor girl. She curled up under the coffee table and told everyone off that came near her. Foxy curled up under my bed looking all the more miserable and went to sleep poor kids. I feel like such a heel right now :( but I know in the end they'll get over it lol. Thanks again for all the awesome well wishes ^_^