Introducing Darwin

Congrats on your new addition to the pack :) Darwin is a really cool name; sounds like he's a bit of a handful so far until he learns his place in the family but I'm sure it is well worth it with as handsome as he is :) Really wish I could add another husky to my family when I see all these beautiful pics here

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Three dogs, two flipping over and wrestling and echo lying there good as gold.

And I'm struggling to pick up turds in the dark.

Manage to bag at least one botty dropping. now trying to tie bag with the Ringling brothers circus acrobats practicing on the end of my other hand.

So I finally separate Koda n Darwin, untangle the gordian knot they've made of the leads and orft we tootle.

Apart from Darwin crossing over back n forth side to side, and Koda trying to nip at Echo and Darwins necks, the rest of the walk went quite nicely.

Ahh, the joys of multiples biggrin.gif

Congrats guys, he's a love :wub:

Ok so night number two out of the way. . .

Changes the living room door handles so Darwin can't leap up and open the door.

We give him an old quilt of kellys to lie on in the livingroom, give them all a pet n cuddles say goodnight and close the door.

I can hear Darwin standing up at the door and dragging his claws down the door to try and open it. . .

claws scrabbling on the wooden floor at the bottom of the door.

then the gnawing starts. . .

after an hour of this I go down to find the door is starting to look the worse for wear,

not wanting to have to replace a door I let him into the hallway, and shut the living room door.

close the strairgate and go back to bed.

half an hour of up n down the stairs he seems to settle at the bottom of the stairs. . .ahhhh sleep.

Am woken by small whining sounds and the sound of claws dragging at the carpet by the stairgate. . .

Not wanting to have to replace a carpet I let him into my room.

Try to get him to settle on the floor next to the bed. . .

Nope

He settled at the foot of my bed and during the night ended up stealing half of it.

So he got his own way in the end,

And I got some sleep.

This morning told Kelly, she goes. . .

"Oh, I thought he'd just settled down, downstairs."

LOL

So any ideas of how to get him to settle at night

with the other two in the living room

which doesn't involve replacing doors until he gets the idea.

awww thanks guys

we have had another long walk and he was petted by a family and was sniffing and peeing everywhere but he was lovely walking beside me and is a great dog

i get some lovely cuddles and we are trying to sort out some of his bad habits.

we have to tell him to go away whilst we are eating as he feels that he should be fed from plates,

we know his tell tale signs of going up and down the stairs as code for i need a wee/poo

and we are trying to sort a way of having him downstairs with the other dogs and not in a bedroom, it will take time but we are willing to put the effort in

also we havent noticed him chewing at his tail at all, so hopefully we can see his tail grow back into a full fluffy tail.

kelly

Aww....wub.gif A big congrats you guys on your new furbaby! Really look forward to hear how Darwin is getting on and defo cant wait to see loads more pics biggrin.gif x x x x x x WELCOME TO THE PACK DARWIN!! x x x x x x

Coz I've been getting a bit verbose. . .I've created a Darwin Blog which I'll add to to chart his progress as he settles in biggrin.giflaugh.gif

48 hrs after Darwin arrived and my pack are comfortable laying together for a snooze.

So happy they are getting on so wellbiggrin.giflaugh.giftongue.gif

gallery_1484_407_15000.jpg

gallery_1484_407_621238.jpg

gallery_1484_407_72162.jpg

Thor was like that on his first few nites he would not settle, but he did not want our room. we put one of the crates up and he went straight in door open and slept every nite after that.

He must have been used to a crate before we got him, about 9pm every nite offf he'd go to the crate.

now he just sleeps where he drops lol.was Darwin used to a crate ???

No. . Dan let him sleep in his room. . .

Didn't want to let him do that here.

however the damage he was doing had to be stopped

so we need to, find an alternative that doesn't involve replacing doors n carpets

They tried him in a crate as a puppy and he didn't like it,and never used it

it might just be a time thing, once he settles with the others like on the pic, he may want to be with them. As soon as Thor settled he left the crate and slept with the others. We only close the living room door, so they have the hall, landing, kitchen.

Loki started wanting to sleep with us and used to kick up a fuss an scratch the doors but now she's happy as long as she can come up stairs an sleep out side our door.

not an easy one he will chose his place, hopefully soon xxxx