• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaaaaaand now all three of the nocturnal noise makers are asleep. . .huh.gif

Charmin' unsure.gif

Congrats Andy & Kelly! How did you manage to keeo that so quiet Andy?!wink.gif

After Keath had so many setbacks. . . we didn't want to jinx it by announcing it before we got him.

We were in constant contact with Dan n Laura, doing our best to reassure them that we knew what we were doing with the breed, and that he would have a good home with us.

Kelly got on well with Laura and became constant chatters on facebook, this helped them get to know us as people rather than just someone who wants to take thier dog away.

Loki will love another boy around lol one more to nag xxxx

Oh! like He doesn't already have enuff nagging females in his life . . .

kelly, echo n koda

jeeeeeez

lol

huh.gif

lol, lil bugger just tried slipping his collar!!!!! luckily we had him attached to his normal collar, then he bit me as i tried to re attach the gentle leader grrrrr

he is getting much better on walks and stuff now.

kelly

he had a gentle leader on and when he slipped that, i made his lead into a slip collar.

he was snapping at me as i tried to put the gentle leader on grrrrr

the gentle leader is just until he learns to stop pulling and then he will be on a normal collar

We've been using the Halti's / Gentle leader with Koda n Echo for a couple of months and they are walking beside us nicely. We have just started to alternate between Halti and normal collar to transition eventually to a normal collar.

Darwin is right at the start of this process, where he is not liking the feel of the head collar and is throwing somersaults and twisting about.

After a couple of minutes he settles down and walks quite nicely.

time and patience. . . biggrin.gif

So glad its going well!

Kelly, it might be worth doing some posative reinforcment with the gentle leader. I dont think hes ever associated it with something good so thats probably why hes being a bit of a git.

The way I train is to get the dog to put its own nose into the loop by rewarding with treats. It takes a week or so but the idea behind it is that the dog sees the gentle leader and gets excited because it knows something good is coming rather than getting fiddgity and nippy.

Anyway, glad hes settleing in and thanks for taking him

xx

he was only fussy outside, when he is indoors he is perfect for putting his nose in.

we do a lot of positive reinforcement with the other two, he has loved his walks and has been walking really really nicely with us

we have been playing and having a really good time.

we were happy to take him in and hope that laura and dan can feel happy again.

kelly

I've just taken ALL 3 for their last walkies of the night. about a mile to and around the local park.

So about 30 seconds out of the door and a woman comes out with a boxer on lead. . .Echo on back legs barkbarkbarkbarkbark !

Other 2 walk patiently.

"OOh, you've got yer hands full there" she says.

Yes I think, and YOU really didn't have to walk in my direction did you. . .you could have gone the other way.

Echo STILL on back legs barkbarkbarkbarkbark !

Echo calms down and off we go.

Get to the park, and Koda needs to crack a fat one. Good girl.

So one handed opening poo bag and trying to lean down to pick it up. When Koda decides to leap on Darwin.

So Three dogs, two flipping over and wrestling and echo lying there good as gold.

And I'm struggling to pick up turds in the dark.

Manage to bag at least one botty dropping. now trying to tie bag with the Ringling brothers circus acrobats practicing on the end of my other hand.

So I finally separate Koda n Darwin, untangle the gordian knot they've made of the leads and orft we tootle.

Apart from Darwin crossing over back n forth side to side, and Koda trying to nip at Echo and Darwins necks, the rest of the walk went quite nicely.

Well apart from Echo talking loudly to a bunch of lurking Hoodies.

"Yeah, man dems dem husky snow dogs innit, dat puppy's well cute. . . Eh? wots dat white one mate?"

Hungry. . . I think.

"Angry" I say and walk them on, making no effort to quiet Echo down.

So we get home and they've had a good walk and I'm knackered from all the untangling of leads.

Roll on Tomorrow. biggrin.gif

awwww my poor dad..............................not

he was whinging that the dogs are too much to walk together, but i managed it fine earlier!!!!!!

echo hates hoodies but if they are skulking around parks then i would bark too

the dogs walk nicely together and are soooo cute

we have kongs and toys but after the walks darwin just wants to sleep, i think we may have knackered him out

kelly