Introducing Darwin

Hi, Guys some of you may have noticed that my profile said that Today I was off on a secret mission.

Well that was to go and meet and hopefully collect Darwin.

Darwin has been owned by Dan and Laura in London, unfortunately they were unable to give Darwin the space and time he needed.

They really did thier best but he became too restless and destructive, and they made the brave but painful Decision to re-home him.

They contacted thier friend Heather AKA Magical Merlin who put him up on the site for re-home.

Dan however found it very hard to part with this loving boy. (totally understandable)

Eventually though they came to thier final decision and contacted Heather who PM'd us as we'd shown interest in Darwin in the past.

We then began a series of communications with Laura and Dan where we tried to provide as much evidence as possible that we would be able to give a loving and stable home to thier boy.

Well today we went down to london with Koda and introduced them. There was a bit of playful domination by Darwin but nothing too rough, and soon Koda was playing happily.

Eventually the time to leave came and Dan and Laura put on a brave face as we drove away.

Kelly sat in the back of the car with the two huskies, there was just one altercation with Kelly getting nipped on the finger as she separated them, otherwise the drive home was quite peaceful.

When we got Home Kelly took Koda to collect Echo and Met us in the park in an enclosed kiddy park we let all three off lead to get to know each other.

Echo being a rescue dog was a bit barky at Darwin but soon subsided as she saw Koda and Darwin running around and playing.

We took them home and they have been trotting around each other sniffing and being a bit wary, but that's normal.

There have been a couple of snappy moments from both Echo and Darwin but that's just settling in territory issues.

Right now Echo n Darwin are lying at my feet just ba couple of feet apart, as I type this.

I'm sure we will have to separate them a few more times as they get to know each other.

But things are looking good.

gallery_1484_407_72253.jpg

gallery_1484_407_64365.jpg

gallery_1484_407_68678.jpg

gallery_1484_407_81770.jpg

gallery_1484_407_76502.jpg

gallery_1484_407_8455.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh wow :) congrats guys....you kept this very quiet lol!!

he is well cute...those eyes are amazing...welcome to the pack Darwin!

glad to hear he is getting on well with Echo and Koda...lets hope he settles in with no problems :)

x x

Some of you will meet him at the Oxford meet

and the rest of you at the Annual. . biggrin.gif

aw, what a lovely story .... and Dan and Laura can still catch up with their boy on here through stories & photos, if not meet up if & when it's convenient ... while we were camping this weekend, we dropped in on Diesel's previous owners in Bangor & they were over the moon to see him (& him to see them ... he was jumping up at Danielle as soon as he heard her voice).

Good luck with the settling in period, hope it all goes smoothly for you .. welcome to the pack, Darwin, xx

Well, first evening and night over. . . Yawn!!!! wink.gif

Darwin doesn't like closed doors and so he opened the living room door, and spent the night trotting up and down stairs in between tussling with Koda and Echo.

Echo can open doors but knows that during the night she's not allowed to and her and Koda sleep on the living room chairs.

Darwin slept in the bedroom (on the floor) with Laura n Dan. But that's not an option with us.

Fortunately we have a stairgate at the top of the stairs, (courtesy of a previous owner of the property.) So he wasn't able to get into the bedrooms.

We're looking at relocating the stairgate to 3 steps up from the bottom of the stairs, So the up n down business during the night stops.

Hopefully once they settle the pack Hierarchy the all night tussling will stop. And once he finds HIS settling down place.

then. . .. We'll get some sleep.biggrin.gif

bless him my stair gate is at the bottom, an i changed my door handles to round ones as Odin hates closed doors lol.

He will find his place and settle soon, you'll have to wear him out today we're off to the woods soon with these 3 xxxxxx

thanks linda

the concept of changing the doorhandles was beyond us!!! we were thinking about locks and chains lol

it didnt even enter our brains to change the handles

god we are dumbasses pmsl i just facepalmed lol

cheers linda, they have tired us out already lol

kelly

xxx

LOL thanks Linda.biggrin.gif . . Me with a MENSA level IQ and the concept of changing door handles didn't even occurblink.gif.. .

Genius. .

Off to BnQ then.

i have a mensa level iq as well!!!!!!!

Yeah bit when reading everyone will notice I have an IQ and you have an iq. . . yours is pronounced "ick"

OOOOOhhhh don't we get bitchy when we don't get enough sleep. . . lol biggrin.gif