Hello to all on Husky Owners !

Hi Everyone,

My name is Kevin McDonald ( PeiperSky7) and I am proudly owned by Peiper (5) and Sky (2),we live in Hampshire,UK.

Sky is on the left of my avatar picture and Peiper on the right,I will upload some pictures to my Album later today.

Peiper has been with us since she was a puppy and is a much loved member of our family - my little girl calls her "sister" and she is remarkably laid back and loved by eveyone she comes into contact with,she is a great ambassador for the breed.

Sky joined us from someone who was about to go on a 20 month tour of Afghanistan and sadly could not arrange for her to have regular exercise in his absence,so she joined our pack !

Sky is lovely and and has very good commands,she is rapidly learning walking manners,and they both get on very well - Peiper has accepted her into her domain with a minimum of fuss,they play and get on with each other very well.Like all Siberians they have the odd row for pack status !

I've recently invested in a Walky belt and some Culpper ladder leads,highly recommended for multiple Huskies who fancy dragging you over to meet local deer as my two do...

I've been around dogs all my life,owned Peiper from her puppyhood and now with Sky joining us have a middle-aged lady and a teenager.I did some work briefly last year as a SHWA staff volunteer.

I hope I can contribute to the nice vibrant community that is Husky Owners and look forward to meeting you all.

Thank You all for your kind messages of welcome :biggthumpup:

Warm Regards,

Kevin

Welcome to husky owners ... hope you enjoy your time here.. Hoping to have a meet up at some point later in the year in the UK. Im sure you'll see the post around regarding it ... Enjoy

Hi All,

Many Thanks for the warm welcome !

I've posted some pictures of the girls in my "PeiperSky 7 " album,I'll resize some more this week and upload them.

I'll certainly do my best to help anyone if I can & Im certain you will be able to help me - I'm in the process of switching my two to the BARF diet,so any tips will be appreciated...

I'll def. bring them along to a meet - there is a great group of Husky owners we see regularly on our walks and a Malamute who likes my two a lot :) and there is nothing quite like Siberians meeting their own kind !

Warm Regards to all,

Kevin

Not exactly sure where that is, but Im sure Jamie (my partner) will know.

Do you take your girls to the New Forest often? We go there with our boys usually on Sunday. Lovely girls.

Certainly will, I would think that when the evenings are lighter we will be taking them to a few different places. If your ever near Poole or the New Forest let me know too, could arrange a meet

LoS is just around the bay from Gosport,opposite the Isle of Wight & across from Fawley / Southampton.

We do go to the New Forest and I know Sky will enjoy it,so please do let us know when you are going and I'll bring the girls and my family over to meet you all.

The boys look like a lot of fun,and the girls really enjoy meeting other Huskies - locally we have a Dakota and a Misty,Misty is almost a dead ringer for Peiper - my wife thought Peiper had been dognapped when she saw her outside the local supermarket a couple of months ago !

We have a local Police Officer who owns three Huskies,two I believe are SHCGB Welfare dogs - it is odd when he pulls over in a Police patrol car to talk Siberains and make a fuss of the girls...

All The Best,

Kevin

I will find out the name of the area we go to the New Forest (as is it is a big area) and let you know when we will be going next.

Gizmo's dad is called Dakota (also known as Pooh bear). From Bogner Regis though so its probably not the same dog.

You will have to recommend the site to them (including the poilce officer), its a great site and there alot of owners from beginners to experts! Also a great place to come and talk husky to other lovers around the world.