Husky Mix? With what?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same old pet story. HS Boyfriend gets cute puppy for girlfriend as a companion while away at college next yr. Girl brings home dog to mom & dad. Mom & dad say "no way", then do a lackluster effort of trying to find her a home. Decide to take her to the pound. Friend of the girlfirend steps in and takes the dog home to mom & dad (who already have two King Charles) to prevent her from being put down. Asks if she can keep her. Mom & dad say "no, but we'll help find her a home". This friend contacts me, and I step in. This poor girl has been passed around tooooo much. She's found a home.

Very smart dog, but cannot seem to stop attacking/biting my Boykin Spaniel. It's a little more than just playing. Hoping to break her of this habit. Any suggestions are welcomed.

My Spaniel is VERY passive. He's been allowing her to push him around, but things are gradually changing. He's turned back on her a couple of times, but it hasn't boiled over for him, yet. I expect that when he gets sick and tired of it, he'll let her know. We are treating him as if he is superior. He walks in/out the door first, eats first, etc., so that she knows where he stands with us. It'll take a little time, but she's a very smart girl. We'll get there.

• 3 years later...

Your pup looks incredibly like our 3 year old Husky mix Haley. She's very obediant and very intelligent. Thinking may be Aussie/ Husky mix, but not sure. Yours however looks to be German Shepard/Husky mix due to it's ears.attachicon.gif736645_539689799375971_1968363359_o.jpg

Hi and welcome to the forums! :)

Feel free to post an introduction topic - your Haley is beautiful!