New GSD friend

Hey there everyone.

This is "Tank" our newest friend. He came from an aweful situation where he was locked in a crate all the time, and was not being fed.

Poor boy came to me looking like a skeleton with fur. His only real issue is that he wants to walk me instead of me walking him, lmao. We

can work on that though. Hes a wonderful dog and as you can see he is quite taken with my son. lol.

Tank is right around a year old and just as big as chewy. His presence is doing alot of good here. He has chewy eating well again, and is

social and fun. I cant imagine what possessed his previous owner to be so cruel to him.

post-8209-13585950224399_thumb.jpg

post-8209-13585950229036_thumb.jpg

post-8209-13585950239405_thumb.jpg

Oh hes an amazing dog and I think if things continue to improve as well as they have been with him here, that there is a chance he will stay with us.

I cant figure out why anyone could have been mean to Tank, honestly he is called Tank for obvious reasons, but he is so gentle and with a little patience

and guidance he has been very easy to handle and love. He has only been here less than a week and already has me ooooohing and ahhhhing over him.

He would make a very diligent police dog or rescue dog because he learns fast. Just this morning he sat and stayed without me holding his collar. He

usually tries to rush in the door as it opens so I have to hold him and remind him to stay, but today he has taken just a hand signal and verbal command.

I would be proud to have him stay with my family but we will see...have to convince my husband first, lol.

Tank is such a gorgeous guy :) He's already looking a lot better with your care.

I saw your Craigslist Ad asking for his former "owners" help with getting his paper sand vet records. I hope they come forward.

If we lived closer I'd see if Dante could play with Tank and Chewy more, as it is he has one puppy friend here, they look awesomely similar too!

Well Someone has come forward with info about tank.

A lady called me yesterday. It wasnt his last owner but his second owner who had him last year.

She had taken him from his origional owners who had imported him from europe and paid $2000.00.

They decided they didnt want him anymore and they were going to have him "put down" at only 7

months old so she took him and trained him up and gave him to another couple. Apparently the next

couple only had him a short time and passed him on again, to the abusive lady that my friend took

him from, and now I have him.

The lady says she got his vaccs and signed his AKC papers when she had him, so shes going to help

me get his stuff. When she saw my ad she says she nearly had a cow. She has sent me pictures of

tank from when he was 7 months and its a spot on match.

With any luck I may have all the info and papers on him in the next few weeks.

Eventhough her info puts him at being closer to being 2 years old, I am happy to know more about him.

I had a feeling about him when I realized that he didnt have a deep sway in his back, over extended

hind legs or the overly long neck of most american bred shepherds, and it turns out that I was right he

was very well bred and not a puppy mill pup. I cant wait to get his AKC papers and his pedigree.

I'm so glad that his second owner came forward to give you all that information on him!

That's so terrible he's been shuffled around so much, at risk of being killed as a pup, and then abused. He's such an amazing dog for having endured all of that and still have a wonderful demeanor.

I really like his features, I am not a fan of the crazy slope and frankly somewhat crippled look that's bred in American GSDs. He's a gorgeous boy, and now that he's being taken care of properly, I'm sure he'll be stunning at a healthy weight.