chicken wings

If we are replacing a meal, we give ours 6 each. Don't get too many at any one time though so that you have to freeze them. Fresh, the bones are soft (more gristle than bone) but freezing/cooking can make them brittle.

Mick

This is something i've been thinking about ' date=' I wasn't sure that giving dogs chicken was good although I have read that many people do . So are chicken wings and other bits ok for my huskies ....do they have them raw ?[/quote']

They most definitely have to be raw. Chicken bones are great for dogs if raw but dangerous if cooked :)

Chicken frames here refer to the chicken carcass - so what you get once you have taken the meat etc off. I don't know how easily you get them in the UK but I go to a butcher and get them, they are really cheap and the dogs love them!

ETA: I store raw chicken bones/carcasses in my freezer and they are fine to give to the dogs as long as you defrost them first.

Im sorry but know much about this diet. We feed our 3 cooked gammon or Chicken (without the bones as they can splinter when cooked). We do feed them the bones from the gammon but we shred the meat off the bone (or get the butcher to do it) first, there is usally a little bit of raw meant left usually at either end which never seems to harm them. Everyday diet is wainwrights dry food.

I would say possibly every other day or something like that. As long as you ration them with the chicken it should be ok, but like I say I dont know much about this diet.

What kind of Liver was it? I heard that Lambs liver is meant to be the best to feed dogs.

Im sorry but know much about this diet. We feed our 3 cooked gammon or Chicken (without the bones as they can splinter when cooked). We do feed them the bones from the gammon but we shred the meat off the bone (or get the butcher to do it) first, there is usally a little bit of raw meant left usually at either end which never seems to harm them. Everyday diet is wainwrights dry food.

I would say possibly every other day or something like that. As long as you ration them with the chicken it should be ok, but like I say I dont know much about this diet.

The key of feeding a BARF diet is that you feed all food raw - you don't cook anything as BARF (and other raw diets) are based on the idea that dogs are biologically evolved to eat raw, not processed, food. If you are going to feed any meat (even if you feed dried food as well) it is best and most beneficial to feed it raw.

The important thing about a BARF diet is getting the right balance between meat and vegies (i.e. BARF slop) and raw bones.

cheers for that , can get the carcasses daily as well , tried the pups with liver last night, they were so not impressed, i just worrry about getting the right ammount of food in them , but will keep going and see what happens

My dogs aren't fussed on liver either, but they do need some offal, so I chop it up really finely and put it in the BARF slop with the mince and vegies etc - I never have any trouble with them eating it then :D

This is something i've been thinking about ' date=' I wasn't sure that giving dogs chicken was good although I have read that many people do . So are chicken wings and other bits ok for my huskies ....do they have them raw ?[/quote']

i feed my girls a kibble and nature diet meat.. but i do feed chix wings and lamb shanks... both love it .. my eldest Nikita is a slow eater on kibble and nature diet... where as my pup will eat it like its her last meal.... but give them raw meat and its hard to tell which will finish first ... they both love the fresh meat..... so i will give them one meal a day on kibble and nature diet and one meal will be a couple of wings or a shank,,, i think no matter what any one says each dog is different and only you can decide.. but they do love raw meat..