toilet training aids

my cousin works for pets at home and she was tellin me and my mum about a 'pee post' basically its a post that u stick in ur garden and it gives off pheremones and encourages the pup 2 pee - not used 1 but my cousin is gonna get us 1 so will let u no if it works

there is also a spray aswell which is basically the same thing but u can use it indoors (if ur pup cant go outside yet) or outdoors

heres the links

Pee Post

Potty Training Aid Pump Spray

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Nix, did you ever get the post? How did you get on with it? We've tried the training spray but Chloe and Holly just sniff at it then walk off :blink:

Hoping you got on better with the post, would like to know to see if it's worth spending money on it for our two monsters.

my cousins not got it yet im gonna txt her l8a n ask her when shes next in work 2 get me 1 - is the spray no good then?? we r having trouble getting her 2 pee outside - she will do it sumtimes so she gets LOADS ov praise but sumtimes she will b outside for hours then when she comes in she pees on the paper - weve even put paper outside but its not worked lol

They sniff the spray and then wander off! They will go outside if they're left out there, but they do have an annoying habit of holding it until they come inside and then going on the training mat. Tried putting a training mat outside.... and they just shredded it to bits and left me a mess to sweep up. In the house they still have the odd accident. I've currently banned them from going upstairs as they've taken to going to the toilet on the landing carpet :blink: I'm just glad it's not just us struggling to get them to go outside!

I had real trouble with Rooney trying to get him, even to pee on the paper. He peed everywhere downstairs. I was constantly armed with a mop. Well eventually he started going on the paper.When I took him outside he wouldnt go to the toilet. I thought he was never gonna learn but one day out of the blue he just stopped peeing inside, he runs outside and pees then comes back in. I always leave the back down open when im at home. He has also started going to the toilet out on walks now as well.

At one point I thought I was gonna go insane because I never thought he was gonna learn. At 5 months he seemed to just learn on his own, hallelujah !! I praise him for doing it, he never has accidents now :)

Its just frustrating Linda! We praise them when they do go outside, ignore them when they go inside, take them out after meals/naps/playing, don't let them see when we clean up after them indoors, it's just so frustrating!!! We go through so much kitchen roll clearing up after them it's unreal :blink: It got so bad when I stopped using the pads that I started again coz at least aside from the landing they do use the mats. They do go to the toilet outside and on walks, we just need them to not go in the house and to let us know when they need letting out.

I agree that patience is your best training aid. Bo would wander for 20 minutes before finding the 'perfect place' to relieve himself outside. Just couldn't rush him as a pup. I have to admit that when the weather was cold or rainy, he certainly tested my patience.

Fortunately, he was never one to wee inside - even as he reached his golden years, he'd patiently sit by the door and howl 'oooouuuut' when he couldn't wait any longer.

We had one of those pee posts and Nuks used to go outside lick it and then come inside and go on the floor! Useless thing and its quite expensive! Just my thoughts on that...

basically I would just set an alarm on my phone to go off every hour and would take her outside every single hour! It got very boring in the end! LOL thing is when she did go inside if I saw her going I'd leap up and shout NO! then run to the door and she'd run too so eventually she caught on and would start pacing up and down in front of you till you got up and then she'd run to the door so you knew she had to go out... she still wont make any noise or anything which isnt helpful but then shes not a chatty girl (despite me trying to teach her) so cant complain really... least she gives me SOME signal! biggrin.gif

Its just frustrating Linda! We praise them when they do go outside, ignore them when they go inside, take them out after meals/naps/playing, don't let them see when we clean up after them indoors, it's just so frustrating!!! We go through so much kitchen roll clearing up after them it's unreal :blink: It got so bad when I stopped using the pads that I started again coz at least aside from the landing they do use the mats. They do go to the toilet outside and on walks, we just need them to not go in the house and to let us know when they need letting out.

it is very frustrating i know the feeling rachael - atleast urs go wees outside on walks skyla dont even do that she will come in after her walk have her treat and some water then even if the back door is wide open - she will still go inside - she pees where the back door is so she cud easily pee outside - ive taken her out the back after walks and sat around for an hour for her 2 go does she go outside! no she runs inside and does it :mellow: lol

Blaze was NEVER this hard 2 toilet train he was going outside by her age lol