7 weeks non smoking ???

Mistyrayn

Well its about 7 weeks.. since I gave up the habit

Thank you to austinville for your e/mail reminding me I have not done post recently..

Nice to know that people are keeping an eye on me

Ok well here goes had a few probs over last week.. namely had to see the nurse on last Friday for new prescription they didnt have any of the champix in so she was gonna sort it so I could collect from our village chemist on Saturday no problem I thought

Yeh right no prob !!! more like no prescription.. not to worry im tough ..gone this far I can go till Monday without tablets I thought to myself .. and I did easily but then.. Monday came / Monday went

Tuesday came / Tuesday went still no champix.. and whos fault was that

Mine mine bloody mine just kept forgetting till 5 mins after surgery shut IDIOT..

But oh well gone this far ill go it alone which will please my doctor as saw him on last Friday aswell.. cos ive been getting for the last 3 - 4 weeks nothing but loads of mouth ulcers now ive had ulcers over the years but not this constant and not as many to the point that my whole mouth was numb with the discomfort.. the doctor wanted me to come off them but I refused looks like he wins,,

So im nearly a week into no smoking and no tablets how pleased am i.

Not at bloody all sorry peeps I fell to the way side had what I could call a very strange week ..

a bit on the emotionally confusing side and def a mentally screwballing one....

Feel like ive been constantly on the phone this week if not talking to some one then texting ..

Then to top it all at work .. the damn computer system crashed.

Not to much of a problem u may think .. it is when its a CAD system

For those that dont know what it is Computer Aided Dispatch . So again im on the phone having to talk to drivers , computer techsetc which is not to bad but when u got 2 gurkas

that are great guys but . I just cant understand them over a phone

bit like northerners

( sorry Sarah thats a poor attempt by me to pick holes in you as usual )

lol gotta seize ever chance I can..

.. so ive gotta admit I have had a smoke today.. made me feel dizzy

normally I have to have loads of beer to get that dizzy.

So hopefully wont be doing that in a hurry again..

You're welcome. As a former smoker, I know how important it is to have the support of friends.

Well, one fall doesn't make a full descent. I know what you mean though - it's often the emotional/stressful situations that get us. I had those also...you can do it. You've come this far and if it made you dizzy, you know you're well on your way to beating it completely.

So, the ulcers are a reaction to the prescription? Interesting. I took Chantix (I wonder if this is the same drug???) without any problems two years ago. Now they are saying they make you suicidal......criminy - had I known that, I'd probably still be smoking!

Anyhow, don't give up...you can do this!

Oh dear richard, you have had a bad week to say the least!

You have definately got much further me anyway! Slightest bit of stress and thats it, im straight outside! But you don't wanna hear that! You wanna quit not carry one so I will shut up on that point!

Its not so good that you had a smoke but its good that you did admit to it and you said that it made you that dizzy you don't want to be doing that in a hurry again. Which is the way think and the way to push yourself forward. Whenever you get a moment like that don't forget theres the Agony Aunt thread here and if you can't get on a computer then think positive thoughts (like your girls) and keep in mind how the one you had today made you feel.

Good work!

You're welcome. As a former smoker, I know how important it is to have the support of friends.

Well, one fall doesn't make a full descent. I know what you mean though - it's often the emotional/stressful situations that get us. I had those also...you can do it. You've come this far and if it made you dizzy, you know you're well on your way to beating it completely.

So, the ulcers are a reaction to the prescription? Interesting. I took Chantix (I wonder if this is the same drug???) without any problems two years ago. Now they are saying they make you suicidal......criminy - had I known that, I'd probably still be smoking!

Anyhow, don't give up...you can do this!

yes i beleive they are the same drug just different name... as for the suicide bits from my research there has been one case of some one commiting suicide on these tablets... but not proved any link.. personally giving up smoking to some people can make them feel suicidal.. but surely you gotta have had that sort of feeling before.. so dont think the pills made any difference ... only probs ive had with the pills was the ulcers and wow never had such weird dreams in my life.... think i shot the president married a film star and learnt to fly without just the use of my arms... lol and that was in one night ... great fun though ...

sorry to hear bout ur bad week but keep up the gd wrk we no u can do it and as for havin a pop at northeners

I just cant understand them over a phone…

bit like northerners

i hope u realize u are havin a pop at me aswell and all i can say is wha!? cant understand the rest ov that post bloody southeners need 2 learn 2 speak properly lol :P