Pics from todays meet in Ipswich!!

Sid_Wolf

how ridiculous! how can someone complain about dogs being at a dog park?? :blink: absolutely unbelievable! When we have our meets in St Helens, we are met by questions from the locals like "how come there's so many huskies?" & when we explain, they think it's great & it certainly doesn't put them off letting their dogs run with the pack!

Last week, Steve & I went down on a spur of the moment visit to the dog park - there were 4 or 5 teenage lads smoking pot, drinking white lightning, you know the type ... we walked in one entrance & I let Diesel off (kept Myshka on lead as we didn't know if the 2nd gate was shut) - you should have seen the faces & how quickly they moved when Diesel walked round the bushes towards them!! :lol::o:lol: AND they shut the gate after them - wonder why?? :rolleyes::lol:

You can't be victimised into not using the dog park, you aren't doing anything the dog park is not designed for, I would contact the council myself & ask for their opinion on it & if the locals say anything more, give them the name of the council employee & what you were told, they can't do a thing.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clean Neighbourhoods & Environment Act 2005:

Part 6 of the Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005 relates to dogs and became law in April 2006.

Under this Act local authorities and parish councils in England and Wales have been given the powers to introduce new Dog Control Orders (DCO’s) in their own public areas.

A DCO can be introduced after completing the procedures designated, which include consultation and notification in the local press.

Existing bye-laws will remain in force until revoked or replaced and new bye-laws can still be made as long as they relate to offences other than those shown below.

Areas of land which are ‘open to the air’ (it is open to the air if open on at least one side) and to which the public are entitled or permitted to have access, with or without payment, can be designated, some areas are exempted.

Orders can relate to the following matters;

• 1) fouling of land by dogs and the removal of dog faeces
  • 2) the keeping of dogs on leads (the length can be specified)

• 3) putting and keeping, a dog on a lead when directed to do so by an authorised officer (the length can be specified)
  • 4) the exclusion of dogs from land

• 5) the number of dogs which a person may take on to any land

Open spaces, parks etc in your area could become subject to a dog control order, limiting your use as a dog owner.

The Dogs (Fouling of Land) Act 1996 is repealed by this Act.

You can be fined up to £1000 for breach of a dog control order or a fixed penalty may be offered as an alternative.

Dog owners will need to contact their local authority to see what dog control orders have been passed or are being proposed in their area.

ooooh lock us all up and throw away the keys....we took our dogs to a dog park!!! :o

at the end of the day it's a public place, it's for everybody and not just the local residents...personally i would prefer it if they actually said something to our faces rather than complaining to the council, who probably won't do anything about it anyway.

if i was working for the council and recieved a complaint about people taking their dogs to a dog park i'd have to hang up the phone through laughing too much!

seems my idea about putting hoodies on the dogs has gone down well though lmao :lol:

hi peeps i really enjoyed our day at the park the pics r brill koda and suki def the muddist lol ok all this about ppl complainin 1st the land is private left to locals in a will the council looks after it 2nd it wasnt about the amount of dogs he was tryin to make a complaint about holdin a meetin in a public place apparantly its not allowed and i think at the mo the locals r feelin a bit pushed out as more and more ppl r comin over and ppl r traveling further afield to come here i feel a bit guilty as it was me who mentioned about it on a couple of forums i dont think anything will come of it but others have said stuff im not to sure what they can do but they better not ban me if they do im blamin u sid lol

Well sorry, but its the only place for miles which is designed for dogs and is safe for me to let Kira off, so i'm not gunna stop using it.

How can they feel left out, its not like they cant come in rolleyes.gif all the dogs were friendly huh.gif

Just people being pathetic if you ask me

Just needs some bling and a staffy to complete the image. . . now get yer ar$e out to that park and intimidate da locals. . .wiv your baddass self laugh.gif

lol we're heading there soon, a few of the locals that we see regularly are really lovely...we were there the other day and Nooks was running around and playing really nicely with Marco the greyhound, it's nice to see as Marco is generally wary of huskies but because we go there with Nooks a lot and see Marco there most of the time he's getting used to him, he told Nooks off once and that was it. :)

However, like I said, if the locals that have complained feel like we're pushing them out of 'their' dog park then they should say so to our faces rather than complain, we can then tell them that's not the case and explain that it's the only place where it's safe to let our huskies off the lead...