A good dog, a good life

Cathy

Oh, Cathy, I'm so sorry to hear about Nik, he shared 16 wonderful years with you, I hope I'll be able to say the same.

He'll be up to mischief with Bo over the Bridge, like a pair of pups again; run free, Nikita

Husky hugs from "your" Diesel & Myshka, plus the humans, too, xxxx

Oh what a sad day around here today. So sorry to read about Nik. What a long life he had. Zoya sends Husky Hugs. Run free Nikita. . .

So sorry to hear about your loss.

People who don't have long time pets cannot appreciate how broken up you are when you lose your dearest pet buddy.

"Huh, whats the problem it was only a dog" they say.

NO!! it's a member of your family and one that has only ever shown you love and always looked up at you like you were the sunshine

in his world.

Rest in peace Nikita.

OMG no :(

Cathy I am so so sorry to read this :( He was such a gorgeous boy I loved reading about him in your blogs.

My heartfelt sympathies to you at this sad time xxx

RIP Nikita, run free and cause lots of mischief over rainbow bridge xxxxx

Cathy,

I'm so very sorry. It is very hard to loose these special boys in our lives. Sometimes it seems as if they took our own hearts with them when they leave us. Gain strength from the love that you received from Nik and from the many, many special memories you have of your times together. Nik was very special to me, I always felt like he and Bo were 'brothers' of sorts - a pair of wise old men who stayed to teach us about life and love, commitment and caring.

Breath deeply, shed those tears and know that beautiful Nik touched every heart that read about him in your conversations here....we are grieving with you.

I can see Nik and Bo together playing tricks and running like pups again. While I mourn Nik's loss with you, it is a comfort knowing our boys are having such a wonderful time together as they wait for us to arrive.

My most heartfelt sympathies........

Becky

Thanks everybody! We're all hanging in there as well as can be expected. The blessing is that Nik had a very good quality of life up until the very end, and that's all we ever wished for him, so those prayers were answered. Heck, it was only a about a week before Nik passed that Dakota had come home in a Cone and still sedated for his paw sutures, and Nik took full advantage of Dakota's incapacitation by pestering him and walking all over him (literally). So the little old guy had it pretty good right up to the very end, and Tim was able to be there with him when he passed. I was out of town working; I'll sort all this out in Nik's blog someday as soon as I can gather my thoughts and think of what to say.

On the bright side, I am convinced that Nik and Bo met up quickly out there and are instigating no end of mayhem; I think those two are likely a couple of peas in a pod.

Dakota's here to help us on through; all of this got handed to us amid much chaos, as the lease on our temporary apartment terminated before our house was ready to move back into due to contractor scew-ups (we're little nomads at the moment), and I've been working away from home in D.C. What a mess! Nik is not missing much!

I'm home for the weekend and was able to pick up Dakota until I leave again next week. At least Nik has been spared from all this mess. Dakota's pretty robust and is just rolling with it!

Thanks again, everybody! I appreciate all your kind words and thoughts.