Dogs on furniture, do you let them?

Smithy

Personally, I do not let my dogs on the furniture. There are a few reasons for this firstly hygiene, dogs walk around outside picking up who knows what on their paws and transfer it onto the furniture where humans sit/lie on. Secondly you have the hairs when people visit you don't want them to get covered in dog hair, and lastly I think it takes away the human alpha role, dogs are dogs and should be on the floor kept at the humans feet.

000_0069.jpg000_0020-1.jpg

Darn it, they did get up when I wasn't looking :D ...

we have a black leather sofa no really easy to get rid of the hairs, kimba doens't go on it all the time to be honest, he quite likes it on the rug in front of the fire but like having him snuggled up to me if i'm watching a film - friends and family now know, not to come to my house wearing anything black unless they want to go home looking like a husky lol

Well, around here it's first come - first serve. So Mom and Dad are usually sitting on the floor covered with Huskies who weren't fast enough to grab a recliner. Even if Dad gets to the chair first there is usually a couple of us in his lap. As far as guests, well, the dogs live here, the guests don't. So we don't have many guests.

Queen even sleeps in bed with Mom and Dad. Or is it the other way around?

Treat my dogs like a member of the family and where as Blue the GSD has his own chair and occasionally gets on the sofa the other one never does, not sure why but she's happy on her blanket.

Not sure what to expect when the new pup arrives but i'm sure she will find her spot before long.

We feel like Gra about it. The dogs are part of our family and we want as much interaction with them as possible. Besides, there's nothing quite like curling up on the sofa on a cold night with a coal fire and 10 huskies.

Mick

Our Sibe - no. He's too big to be on furniture. Occasionally I have let him jump up, it is only by invitation and he gets off immediately if I say so.

My beagle can come on furniture when she is invited on furniture. If I say off, she gets off. Her crate is her place to come and go but the furniture is mine.

I am completely "size-ist". I don't like big dogs on furniture.

Yes our boys are allowed on the furniture, we tried to keep them off our furnitire by buying a cheapy sofa for them but it didn't last long (It became more of a chew toy after a while)! It wasn't the same when they wasn't jumping all over your head and then standing on you and then going to sleep with a cuddle :)

Like Sarah, our sofa is leather so it's easy to clean when we are having visitors or when they jump on the sofas with muddy paws.

Considering some people say a Husky is no lap dog, which in a way is true, they sure love to coddle up to you on the sofa with half their body led on you and the other half stopping someone else sitting there.

Gizmo loves sleeping on the sofa : heres a pic of him when he was a puppy [ATTACH]553.IPB[/ATTACH]

and he is still there now [ATTACH]554.IPB[/ATTACH]

and here is marley and bandit on the sofa we bought for them (before it was chewed to bits) [ATTACH]555.IPB[/ATTACH]

post-44-13585941765181_thumb.jpg

post-44-13585941765584_thumb.jpg

post-44-13585941766886_thumb.jpg