My dog bit my mom

I have a husky, whom I love to pieces, got him with 2 months old, he was the cutest furball, he was never aggressive to us nor anyone really, until my mom came to spend a few weeks and he bit her hand. I was quit shocked mostly because I wasn'texpecting obviously, nor could I understand why he did it. Basically he follows her wherever she goes in the house or in the garden (to the point she stopped watering the plants coz he would go straight for her hand). I have 3 cats, a 5 year old and a 2 month old and he never ever showed any aggressive behavior. I do not know what to do....

He is 1y and 7 months old. He is playful, and plays rough but stops when we say, but not with my 5 year old tho, and he's very protective of me. 

Thing is with my mom, every time she moves in the garden, either is to pick up tomatoes, putting the laundry out to dry or water the plants, he just tries to reach for her hand. He acts like he did nothing but looks at me and knows he did wrong, he knows I'm upset. She had to be taken to the ER to have her hand seen coz he hit a vein and there was just so much blood we all freaked out.... 😔😭

I am so sorry thing happened - and I cannot even guess as to why he would bite without any reason/provocation.    I have only had one dog that bit me without any sort of provocation  - it turned out he had focal epilepsy  - and when he was going into having a fit he would actively look me out, concentrate totally on my hands  -  and if I didn't realise he was having a fit  - I would get bitten.   However with him he would bite down and not let go  - for anything  - until the fit had passed.     I had two lacerated thumbs, a broken middle finger etc before I could tell when he was goiing to have a seizure.

If he is picking on your mother  -  I would seek out professional help  - a behaviourist -  you have young children  - it is not worth the risk.

• 3 months later...

How is your dog doing now? If your mom is visiting during meal times, I would have her feed him. She should ask him to sit, and do several tricks before he gets his food. Most likely she is afraid of him now, and he can sense it. He probably doesn't see her as one of his pack, and he might be testing the hierarchy at this age. So it would be good if you could teach your mom how to be confident and not submissive to him. Part of that is being the one in control of food. Does he have any food or toy aggression? If so, he'll need some training to get over that, and to understand his rank is not over anyone in the family. Good luck!

• 6 months later...

Hey there! I'm sorry to hear about the incident with your husky and your mom. It's important to understand that dogs can sometimes display unexpected behavior, and it's crucial to address it. If you notice your dog keeps stretching neck and looking up, it could be a sign of potential health issues or discomfort. I recommend consulting a veterinarian to rule out any underlying medical conditions. In the meantime, keep your husky on a leash or in a separate area when your mom is outside to ensure her safety. Hang in there, and I hope everything works out well for you and your furry friend!