Husky male height, to be concerned or not to?

Hello everyone ^^ I'm a first time Husky owner, and handler. I've had my darling boy Balto "Valz" for short, since he was a wee 8 week. Met both his parents whilst meeting the breeder (both well in standard, lines falling back to innisfree) .

Over the time, raising him to be an angel of a pup now. I've noticed that his height and weight to be honest really hasn't changed at all after about 12 months old. He is now 16.5 months old. With the best that I could do, I measured his wither to floor as only 20 inches and his weight at about 17kg. I've already talked to his vet, and ruled out health concerns. We also have been feeding him high quality nursing mom and puppy food, along with daily chicken breasts and an egg for good measure. 

My question is, do you think he maxed out on his height and weight so young? We were intending to show him but because he is under the male standard by an inch, we may have to stop showing. It's not the end of the world, as he has so many other hobbies but it's a shame because I find him to be so a handsome boy . Any idea what may be the issue? Is there still a chance for that inch to come in somewhere? Even his weight worries me.

Here are some photos of him. There is a photo of him as a puppy and a 3 photos of his recent trip, in a semi confirmation pose. Then there is a photo next to the Christmas tree around his 11 month old, BOW for puppy class.

(Im pretty tall, so he will look extra short next to me)pt2022_06_08_00_10_10.thumb.jpg.5084ff773671e642263a1b0b3fb77713.jpg

Balto_Side.jpg

Oh boy - what a beauty he is!    One of my boys could be his father (he's not obviously).   My boy is also smaller than breed standards  - but I believe that was caused by his several severe food allergies so he wasn't getting all the nutrition he could have, - that despite my holding two qualifications in dog nutrition.    My other boy is 2" taller and 3" longer than Marley.

At 16 months I would have your boy on an adult diet rather than puppy.   The nutritional requirement of puppies is different to those of a young adult.   Also huskies tend to broaden out once fully mature - at around 2 years old.  Marley certainly did, - he gained around 6 kilos in a short period when he was around 2 1/2.      He is now 29 kilos and 6 1/2y.o..

Personally I would put him on a totally raw diet, with pureed green vegetables  - things like  brocolli, spinach, brussel sprouts (if you can get them where you are) and berries, - preferably blueberries, but also blackberries,  raspberries,  (preferably no strawberries - too high in sugar and they can also harbour a dangerous-to-dogs mould).   Raw meaty bones to clean his teeth  -  nothing too big - chicken necks/duck necks  (not turkey necks),  my boys get lamb's ribs as well.

• 1 month later...

Dude, I don't understand why you think it's a shame because it's pretty cute when a dog always looks petite. However, your dog can be checked for thyroid disease or vitamin deficiencies. These are some of the main reasons why a dog grows so small. Or you can take growth measurements with the online tool https://www.heightcomparison.com and send the data to your veterinarian. I think after diagnosis, he will be able to tell you more specifically why your dog is not as tall as you would like him to be. It's also worth remembering that dogs can grow up to 15 months, and there is still a chance they will grow naturally.