My experience so far with my Husky.

So I thought I would jump on here as it's been well over a year. So all this time later, and the sassy attitude carried on... you tell her no and she back chats every time LOL. I love her to bits. She has such an energetic personality, very loving. She has learnt lots of commands such as sit, down, stay, wait, play dead, speak and to not touch her food until the command word has been said. I also got a dog behaviourist to come out when she was roughly 6 months old to help with some of the training (walking, reactivity etc). My biggest struggle with her currently is still our daily walks. She is super friendly and inquisitive that whenever she sees another dog, or they start barking, she jumps around and screams and yaps at the top of her lungs at all hours of the morning... the training is forever with Huskies.

She loooooooves her mate, GSD. They love being together, pretty inseparable. I usually get the dog wash people to come around monthly and the Husky is always done first and then the GSD but still will always fret whenever he's not around. 

At first I was worried from all the comments I used to read everywhere about how Huskies couldn't be left longer than 4 hours at a time, this used to make me think I wasn't doing good enough job until you realise you need to work to make a living and to even care for them. I definitely think having the second dog that was on his own first helped a lot. As long as you are walking before work, come home do some training and play with them until they go to sleep, they are living a good life. Weekend consist of going out on adventures also. I constantly check my cameras and she is either chilling out, eating her enrichment toy/treat or playing with her mate. No howling or trying to escape. 

All in all, we are all happy living our best lives! Here are some photos.

Nakita 2.jpg

ZSIGA.jpg

CEE40722-3455-4B0D-A692-0D488656F314.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Dogs make our lives more beautiful! And if you love and pay enough attention to them, they are sure to return the same love and really become your best friends. I didn't even take a purebred dog and found information on https://shelterapet.com about a puppy that the previous owners gave up because he was too active for them. Now my Lucky is the most obedient and positive dog in the world. And I am happy that I took this step.