My 8 weeks old husky who Coughs every single time after drinking water

I have a 8 weeks old wooly husky (Simba) who Coughs every single time after drinking water.

I also consulted the vet and was told it's common because puppies drink water very fast and was given an antibiotic syrup in case it was a kennel cough. He also sneezes sometimes. But he's very active.

He also drinking a lot of water.

He needs water every 2 mins while playing, though he doesn't drink a lot at that time.

I'm worried a lot about him as it's my first dog.

Please help me with it.

It is possible that he is drinking too much too quickly,  but just to be on the safe side I would get him checked by another vet if at all possible, just because he is so young.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2022 at 2:17 AM, Shukil said:

I have a 8 weeks old wooly husky (Simba) who Coughs every single time after drinking water.

I also consulted the vet and was told it's common because puppies drink water very fast and was given an antibiotic syrup in case it was a kennel cough. He also sneezes sometimes. But he's very active.

He also drinking a lot of water.

He needs water every 2 mins while playing, though he doesn't drink a lot at that time.

I'm worried a lot about him as it's my first dog.

Please help me with it.

my husky does the same thing... shes a year and a half old and still coughs every time she drinks water.

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2022 at 12:04 PM, Kate71 said:

my husky does the same thing... shes a year and a half old and still coughs every time she drinks water.

Did u consult the vet?

Any idea why this happens?

I'm not getting any clarity for the vet too..

Please help me out