Puppy spending too much time under bed

Diego Canelos

Hello. My name is Diego and my new red husky just arrived 5 days ago and im pretty excited. Im new to these type of dog breed and is my first large breed dog. Ive alrewdy read bunch of articles and videos about how to take proper care of it and training. However Im a little concerned about Rocky most of the day spending it under furniture (beds, tables). Is this normal behavior as he is new to my home and environment? He comes out and plays, eats, and to go pee and poop but then he goes to his favorite spot under the bed. Is this normal behavior? Thanks to everyone and im happy to be in this community!

How old is your puppy?    If he is coming out to eat and play etc he obviously feels fairly safe with you, but may have chosen under your bed as his 'safe place' where he feels secure  (like a den).   Is this where he chooses to sleep in his many naps throughout the day and also at night.

• Thanks 1

Then if he shows no sign of being afraid of the rest of the house or your family,  and he is with you guys when awake,  then I would not worry.   As he gets older he will spend less time sleeping   (and you will wish he would go to sleep)  -  but that pleasure is still to come.

• Thanks 1